Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Finishing rattle can paint

Finishing rattle can paint

The side covers on the BMW R90/6 are held on by a bungee cord between them. The left is captured by the grab handle, but the right can fly away: DAMHIKT.

Had a body shop supply store match the paint , which turns out to be a GM Color called “Pull Me Over Red.” They supplied me with an aerosol made by SEM, their paint supplier.

Problem is, there are no instructions. The panel came primed, so I’ve put on several light coats, wet sanding 400 grit in between.

Now ready to put on the final coats, but not sure what grit to sand with before, and after. I have up to 1,000 grit (and can get higher) and some rubbing compound. It’s a side cover so anything will b3 “good enough” but next project is a small fairing, much more visible.

TIA.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Finishing rattle can paint

The more time and coats the better results. I did a hawk tank once took me a few weeks but the results were awesome. Dont remember what grit I ended with and after a few wet sandings I dont think it matters that much. More a deal of how light or heavy the paint goes on. And how many coats you do? But after five or six it's a time thing. How much time do you have? Or want to put into it? You will get to a point where it wont change the results ..... Dont over do the clear coat... good luck.!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by MUZ720; 05-26-19 at 06:52 AM.