Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

"fun" with the new sprint

"fun" with the new sprint

so, I bought a 2000 triumph sprint st.
    I thought I was getting a 40k mi 2001, but its a 57k mi 2000. mah, no matter, still seemed ok.

tires had no air in them, and were too worn for inspection. fixed that.
    chain and sprockets were worn, and gearing was far too high (built to run all day on the highway, I run through backroads and city), so I replaced them with -1fr, +2 rear, and its happy like that. cleaned and regreased the rear bearing as well, eccentric was corroded in place and needed some serious force to remove. all set now.

throttle was sleepy, idle was high, bike would die trying to idle often. thought it was bad gas. nope. this is where it gets fun. throttle bodies needed balancing, ECU needed new map, TB gasket needed, and the idle air control hoses were all leaking.

so, idle air control hoses were replaced, new map loaded, tb's sync'd, new plugs, air filter fine replaced the throttly body gasket and its very good now. cleaned up the throttle bodies as well. doesnt die at idle anymore, drives nice.

I checked the alternator as well, because the cush drive and impeller for it are common problems and I wanted to make sure it was still tight and good after this many miles. And its fine, brushes well in spec.

the bike had goldvalve emulators and RT springs in it, but the fluid was so old and junky that it felt like stock. new fluid and its happier, gonna go with the newer model internals eventually, or just a front end swap, cause I like doing that stuff.

Sp, its working well now, just needed a little love, it is, however, a very good bike with more power than needed whenever I want power. though not enough to just be silly or stupid about power.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Dichotomous; 03-08-12 at 07:50 AM.
    theres just something about a blue bike