Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

I need a reputable shop to diagnose my ailing Gixxer in the event that nobody on here wants it.. Anyone?

OR.. If someone here can spin some wrenches on it, I'll supply parts, pizza and rediculous amounts of beer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

It's been a while, but I can quickly remember:

Season 1: Bike runs fine until about halfway through the season. Shop it for about a month. Replaced the battery and the regulator/rectifier.

End of season 1: Bike runs perfectly, but won't start. CQ spends lots of time push starting it and looking for downhill grades to park on.

Season 2: New carbs, fuel system flush, bike is happy for a little while. Halfway through the season the thing overheats if I stop for 1 minute in traffic on a 65* day. (It never actually overheated, I'd have to shut it off). It would at least start though after the carb work.

End of season 2: Bike sits for a couple of weeks, doesn't start anymore. Can't push start it, battery's dead. Jumpstart and a push start, starts, runs, idles fine, runs fine.

Right now: Just won't start (again). It's getting fuel, the starter's cranking, compression tests on the motor say all cylinders are perfect. New plugs too.

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

Okay.. I need to make a decision on either dumping the bike or fixing it (again)...

Option A: Anyone who can fix this thing, I'll happily pay for parts, your time, Sam Adams, Pizza Pie and smokes. Perhaps at JC's place?

Option B: How's Adventure Suzuki's repair center? Any good?

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

Chris, if you're talking Adventure, as in Hampton, they're gone. The new incarnation is Sky Suzuki on Bridge Rd, Salisbury.
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEET!!!!!!!!

I live in Amesbury and that's a HELL of a lot closer! Fuck, I could almost push it there! :cool

Chris Q - 2007 R1
    Metalguitarist.org

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

I'd start with the spark plug wires. Yeah, definitely the spark plug wires. Sounds to me like it may be occasionally dropping a cylinder....

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

give 2 beet he will have it running in 2 days. no realy do tune up like stoneman said !! clean all contacks overheating put in new tstat in bleed water pump put premix pink fancy a/f in check your batt replace if needed start up check if charging if not charging check & replace bad parts . easy right............. ps change your rad cap 2 most of these things u can get cheaper at auto parts store beet old gear head

GOOD 'Gixxer mechanic?

Sounds like a typical dealership...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?