Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GMD Replacement: Suspension Shop Alternatives

Hypertarded

Re: GMD Replacement: Suspension Shop Alternatives

Guess I have a few places to contact, trying to get this done sooner than later.

Leaning toward Tim @ superbikes right now, could get the KTM suspension & Duc belts done same trip.

Unfortunately I don't see anything for the 690 Duke forks on the Racetech site.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    https://factoryconnection.com/Locations-shop-NE

Factory Connection in Barrington, NH?
    No personal experience. Maybe they focus exclusively on dirt/MX?
    primarily dirt, but they can get street suspension, that is where I got the WP shock for my v-strom, as well as my fork springs, but had them installed at Rochester Motorsports, who ran into a problem, and Factory Connections sent a guy to RMS to do a "house call". The owner, Ziggy, lives a couple miles from me in Farmington

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Unfortunately I don't see anything for the 690 Duke forks on the Racetech site.
    Check with Peter Kates (yes I know that he has closed Computrack) he was trying to sell a set of fork upgrades and rear shock for a Duke 690 on Facebook a week ago, he might still have it.

Just checked his Facebook and it is still listed on there so there is hope

Last edited by tls25rs; 03-04-22 at 05:11 PM.

Hypertarded

Thanks for the heads up, I'll shoot an e-mail his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    MRP Motorsports in MD is my go-to. Kenny is great and very reasonable prices. He's the on-track suspension shop at all the CCS events from NJMP to Daytona. he's done my shock and damper at the track last year and will be doing my forks this season. he also fixed a ride height issue at Daytona with me when i was getting a nasty wobble in the banking.
    Did he suggest a different rider? LOL
    Hope you well bud

Not sure if advanced traction is still a thing?

https://m.facebook.com/182011041976600/

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Suspension is a side business for Tim which is why bandwidth could potentially be an issue. It's his passion. He's meticulous (classic OCD) and everything from the cleanliness and organization of his shop down to his work reflects it. Generally he prefers to work with racers because he gets fulfillment out of results. He will certainly work on street bikes, but if his bandwidth is limited you'll get preference if the work is for a race bike.

My advice is this...If you are sending him work, don't wait for the season to come. Send it now. He should have plenty of bandwidth if the work is level loaded.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Check with Peter Kates (yes I know that he has closed Computrack) he was trying to sell a set of fork upgrades and rear shock for a Duke 690 on Facebook a week ago, he might still have it.

Just checked his Facebook and it is still listed on there so there is hope
    thanks again for the heads up, don't do facebook, never would have seen that ad.

Well the legend of PK continues

Contacted him about the parts for sale, explained the situation and he said he could squeeze me in before shuting down. So he is doing the install for me, dropped it off yesterday.

So looks like I will have the last GMD PK tuned machine

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I'm a little late to the thread. I have been off the forum for a while; no real reason. Also sorry this got a bit long-winded.

I'm very happy to see the positive comments on my works. That is my goal. OCD and ADD/ADHD are superpowers as far as I'm concerned, and I do take that as a compliment.

While my main focus is race bikes, I do work on street bikes and have been a Ducati owner since 2006, so naturally I love them and have a lot of specialty tools and valve shims to take care of my own bikes; Monster 900S, 748, a few 749Rs, KX450, you know, the normal stuff for an addict.

My other goal is to fill in where Peter left off. Peter had been doing this for 30 years so those are big shoes to fill. As stated, I do have a full-time job; I teach automotive classes. That gives me all the school breaks off. For example, spring break is March 12-20 this year and I'd love the work (hint hint). It also gives me summers off which works out for street riders and allows me to be at the track Friday-Sunday every round. I'm interested in also hitting up track days, which my schedule will allow.

I buy tools as required. If that means I "lose" money on one job, that's fine, I now have the capability to expand my business. For example, I just purchased the dealer service kit for K-Tech shock last month. Which are beautiful by the way. Last year I purchased a Andreani vacuum fill machine for shock for Ohlins TTXs and steering dampers and any other shock that can be vacuum filled.

Superbike Services 44 became an LLC in Nov 2021, and has all appropriate paperwork.

I have been building my data base for the last few seasons at LRRS/NEMRR. I love racing. I love seeing my work help others go faster. To me that is just too cool and I'm happy to be a part of it. Street riders, I am happy to work on your bikes too whether just fixing a fork seal leak or using some race tricks. I am a Penske, K-Tech and Race Tech dealer. Speaking of Race Tech, I've done a number of those for people over the past couple years. My Monster has Race Tech compression valves and 748 rebound valves. My 748 got Ohlins 20mm kit and I was curious.

I guess what I am is a mechanic that loves racing and working on bikes. I want to work with riders, race or street, to help them have more fun doing what we like. Whether that is setting sag and clicker or installing cartridges. I bring select tools to the track to make adjustments as needed so I can work with riders and set their suspension up for their individual needs. I want to grow my business because, quite frankly, it's fun.

What I'm not, I'm not a dirt guy. I have a dirt bike/ice bike and can rebuild the forks and shock but Factory Connection has a great reputation. They can talk the talk, I can't. That said, I did set up a Honda 250 with a Race Tech flat tack kit, gold valves and lowering kit and the rider is very happy with it.
    Motards, Eric Block has been taking care of those guys for years. I know him only from the track but that's been since I started racing in 2010.

At some point last year I decided that saying 'no' to certain projects was best for everyone. I have things I like to do and I want to become as good as I can at those. Like racing, you are never done getting better. It's constant growing. Suspension is my thing. As are Ducatis and 1990s through mid 2000 sport bikes.

If you are interested in having me do some work for you please, hit me up! preferable via email through our site. I stock a number of common SKF fork seal kits and Penske kits.
    Also, check out my website, I know someone already left the link but here it is again. Pricing, some photos of jobs I've done, an "about" page, which is similar to what this is.
    www.SuperbikeServices44.com

I'm also on IG @superbikeservices44 if you want to see some of the work I have been doing. It only goes back to mid summer 2021 when I started getting serious about making this into a full business.

again, thanks for the kind works and thank you to anyone who is interested in having me do some work for you. Tim

14 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by timmyho414; 03-07-22 at 02:23 PM.
    Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

For anyone who has sent me an email through our website, please check your spam folder if you have not seen a reply after 24 hours.
    Thanks, Tim

Hypertarded

Tim, got your reply, schedule got tricky, just not sure on timing to get it up there. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12