Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    i mounted mine in a more useful spot, rather than near the compressor. bought a 25 foot hose and used it as a lead from the reel to the compressor
    Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Just pipe some tubing over to where you can mount the reel and leave the compressor where it is.
    I have that reel too. Been about 10 years and still works fine. I did have to re Teflon tape it maybe 6 years to stop a leak at the rotary valve but that's it
    thanks fellas...that's a good idea...i hate having to roll it up after when it's cold...it's like a cold garden hose...my garage is 2 bays...the compressor is stored at the back of the right bay...it has a horizontal tank, a handle and wheels and i will typically roll it around to where i need it...the outlet for it is on the right side of the right bay (only 240 outlet in the garage, old style with 1 horizontal prong 1 vertical prong and the ground)...i'd probably mount a reel in the center at the back of the garage and put my long hose on that...then just get a 25' hose like Jim said...i can disconnect the 25' hose and use it other places if needed...i have a similar reel mounted there now for my extension cords

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Point37; Yesterday at 02:40 PM.
    bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

Lifer

Anyone have experience with the US general brand of rolling tool boxes? I had ordered a big Milwaukee cart but I saw one today and I wasn't impressed what I was buying for the money. I looked at the usual suspect but I found them all lacking except for the harbor freight ones. They seemed better built and with a better layout than anything else I could find. I would like them to be able to handle a few decades of use. My old craftsman stacker is close to 40 years old and my husky stacker is pushing 20. I would keep them too but they are too small and dealing with two rolling stacked boxes is a pain in the balls.

I made a thread on rolling tool boxes: Rolling Tool Chest

my take away is the US General boxes are very well built and will last under heavy abuse. I went with Husky however for my basic homeowner use for its lower price point and convenience features like slow-close drawers.

Last edited by OneCheekRider; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.

Lifer

Word. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    thanks fellas...that's a good idea...i hate having to roll it up after when it's cold...it's like a cold garden hose...my garage is 2 bays...the compressor is stored at the back of the right bay...it has a horizontal tank, a handle and wheels and i will typically roll it around to where i need it...the outlet for it is on the right side of the right bay (only 240 outlet in the garage, old style with 1 horizontal prong 1 vertical prong and the ground)...i'd probably mount a reel in the center at the back of the garage and put my long hose on that...then just get a 25' hose like Jim said...i can disconnect the 25' hose and use it other places if needed...i have a similar reel mounted there now for my extension cords
    I had that reel in my old garage. Compressor was mounted in the loft and piped to the reel in-between the garage doors then I put in a few other connections around the garage. Fun project and worked great.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.