Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 151 to 165 of 165

Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

  1. #151
    is not wearing pants Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Coast MAsshole
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,540
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    bike: 10 Bonneville SE
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread
    "last night i told myself no but i knew i wanted it"
    -Ryan

  2. #152
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,308
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    I've had that ultrasonic for years. According to others the key to it lasting is to remove the lid when not in use. Condensation forms on the lid which allows moisture to get into the seams and into the electronics of the unit. I empty mine every time after I'm done using it and leave the lid off.

    This reminded me about how much their cheap plastic bin parts washer sucked. Pump shit the bed on me in a few months.

    0 Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS #316 ECK Racing GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Woodcraft | Street & Competition | OnTrack Media

    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  3. #153
    is not wearing pants Point37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Coast MAsshole
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,540
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I've had that ultrasonic for years. According to others the key to it lasting is to remove the lid when not in use. Condensation forms on the lid which allows moisture to get into the seams and into the electronics of the unit. I empty mine every time after I'm done using it and leave the lid off.
    good idea...i'll have to do that with mine...i usually run it then dry it and let it sit out for a week then throw the lid back on and put it away

    0 Not allowed!
    bike: 10 Bonneville SE
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread
    "last night i told myself no but i knew i wanted it"
    -Ryan

  4. #154
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    2,996
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    I've got that ultrasonic cleaner and it's great. I usually use hot water with some Simple Green. I store it topless (you dirty bastards...) and haven't had a problem.

    0 Not allowed!
    '00 Honda VFR 800, '01 Subaru Outback, '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R

  5. #155
    Fast is contagious JettaJayGLS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Roxbury
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,404
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    I have the parts washer...I think I'm going to replace it with the ultrasonic parts cleaner. I use it mostly for bicycle parts and it's done the trick so far.

    I picked up a storage bin system the other day. Nothing to really complain about...its super simple.
    Floor Bin Rack w/ 47 Bins

    I also built my trailer out of almost exclusively harbor freight items. Had to replace the wiring and remove the floppy fenders after a few uses, but otherwise its flawless. For someone with a small car, that doesn't weld, and did not want to shell out the coin or the time to find a good deal on a Kendon...its the tits. I'm into it for about $500 total and about 8 hours of assembly and modifications and its rock solid. Just don't buy the stupid folding one and use quality boards for the decking...that said, after I type all of this and go on their website to look for the right trailer to link you guys too...they only have folding trailers now. Tough luck.

    1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

  6. #156
    its in my blood caloots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,322
    iTrader Score
    1 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I have the parts washer...I think I'm going to replace it with the ultrasonic parts cleaner. I use it mostly for bicycle parts and it's done the trick so far.

    I picked up a storage bin system the other day. Nothing to really complain about...its super simple.
    Floor Bin Rack w/ 47 Bins

    I also built my trailer out of almost exclusively harbor freight items. Had to replace the wiring and remove the floppy fenders after a few uses, but otherwise its flawless. For someone with a small car, that doesn't weld, and did not want to shell out the coin or the time to find a good deal on a Kendon...its the tits. I'm into it for about $500 total and about 8 hours of assembly and modifications and its rock solid. Just don't buy the stupid folding one and use quality boards for the decking...that said, after I type all of this and go on their website to look for the right trailer to link you guys too...they only have folding trailers now. Tough luck.
    the folding trailer is what I had initially.. its a good trailer but they use shit hubs.. however, replacement hubs are dirt cheap as well...

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #157
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,387
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    FYI, check your email, there's a class action lawsuit that HF is settling. I'm getting 144 bucks.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #158
    Senior Member Tekime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Falmouth, ME
    Age
    38
    Posts
    746
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Give you mine for $50. It works, but not quite at the level I need a welder for. I've probably got 20 minutes total on the thing.
    Cool. Might be interested, it's the 90A wire feed? Should be in MA next month I'll let you know.

    0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

  9. #159
    Lifer zxme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,431
    iTrader Score
    3 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Tried the Earthquake 20 V I'm pact gun all I can say is wow. My bud said that he has used us for about a year at 3 days a week and has been awesome. He said he paid 249, I might have to grab one of these

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #160
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,387
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    I bought one of their 1" impact guns. Works great. If anyone ever needs to borrow it, it's available with a selection of 1" drive metric sockets as well. Takes a huge amount of air and weighs 36 lbs, but is crazy powerful. I used it to break some 4" diameter threads apart on a badly-corroded Mercruiser Bravo 3 stern drive. Sounds like an anti-aircraft gun in use. I used a coupon and got it for 130 bucks which is ridiculously cheap IMO.

    0 Not allowed!

  11. #161
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    2,996
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    FYI, check your email, there's a class action lawsuit that HF is settling. I'm getting 144 bucks.
    What was the deadline to send in your receipts? I think I missed it..

    0 Not allowed!
    '00 Honda VFR 800, '01 Subaru Outback, '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R

  12. #162
    Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Raymond NH
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,387
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    What was the deadline to send in your receipts? I think I missed it..
    No clue. Kind of forgot about it to be honest. If not for this reminder, I would have received surprise gift card in mail at some point.

    0 Not allowed!

  13. #163
    Lifer Stromper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Eastern Ct
    Posts
    2,919
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck


    3 Not allowed!
    The calculus of hate

    It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

  14. #164
    Lifer loudbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Rehoboth MA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,412
    iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Quote Originally Posted by Stromper View Post
    Absolutely dying laughing reading that. Hilarious!!

    0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

  15. #165
    Posting Freak Jayspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Medford, MA.
    Age
    39
    Posts
    958
    iTrader Score
    0

    Re: Harbor Freight tools that DON'T suck

    Not sure if this was mentioned but the $10 impact screw driver worked great.

    0 Not allowed!
    Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •