Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Help with a CBR 929!

Help with a CBR 929!

A friend of mine reached out to me today b/c his friend is having trouble with his CBR 929 making "odd noises" that he cannot figure out.

He lives in the Nashua area - and is looking for somebody experienced / trustworthy to help (previously has done his own maintenance). I know a bunch of you live around there - can anybody reccommend a good place / person for him to go see? He is willing to travel a bit.

Again - this is a friend of a friend, I do not know him personally. I have known the buddy who reached out to me for years and he is a stand-up guy...so I told him I would do him a favor and ask around.

If somebody is available to help - I can put you in touch to get more details...

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Re: Help with a CBR 929!

odd noises like engine? tranny? tires? brakes? Any more info?

I can def ask for more details.

I was posting on here trying to find somebody close to Nashua that could get in touch with the owner and help out locally.

Re: Help with a CBR 929!

Its a guess but its the cam chain tensioner.......... I would try that seeing as its a Honda and Street and Comp has them, so buy form a dealer that supports racers pls....

Here.....this is what it is

http://cbrzone.com/tensioners.html