Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hesitation and oil light

Hesitation and oil light

I have been having a problem over the past couple weeks with throttle response and the oil indicator light on my 03 CBR600RR. These do not happen everytime, just once in a while. Here are the symptoms: A few times when I dropped the hammer to accelerate fast, my revs got to about 12K and stopped like it hit the rev limiter, the oil light came on, and the engine felt like it was about to die. I let off the throttle, the oil light went off after a second and everything was fine. This happened a few times, but not everytime I hit it hard. Also, there is a slight hesitation when I try to rev from idle, and open up the throttle pretty wide. Finally, ;last night I was reving between 6-7k and slipped the clutch to pull it up and the same thing happened, revs stayed at 6-7k, total hesitation, oil light, engine felt like it was going to die. Bike has about 5500 miles. Here are the things that have changed with the bike since I noticed the problem (but does not neccessarily mean these are the problem):

I installed a Scorpio alarm with the anti hijack and wired it into the fuel pump

The bike fell over parked in my driveway.

I suspect it is probably an electrical prob with the alarm, but I am wondering if others have had similar problems. The bike still pulls fine and performs as per usual when this issue does not occur...any suggestions?? Thanks!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Hesitation and oil light

Quote Originally Posted by hammadown View Post

I installed a Scorpio alarm with the anti hijack and wired it into the fuel pump

Check your connections, particularly the ground. Make sure the ground is directly on the battery, preferably with a star washer under it.

Hesitation and oil light

Thanks will do..

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Hesitation and oil light

overfilled oil have anything to do with it?