Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Instructions on using Seafoam

I know you can put it in the gas tank but if you want immediate results they recommend another way.

I was on seafoams website reading over the instuctions on how to use it. Now I know my basics of a bike engine but the things they described I'm not too sure on.

Here's seafoams instructions:
    With engine warm, slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 pint through carburetor or throttle body throat. (If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders, possible sources are P.C.V. valve or brake booster line.) This will pull SEA FOAM down on top of the pistons and to the back of the intake valves to dissolve carbon. Turn ignition off. Restart engine after 5 minutes. If severe carbon build up is apparent, use more Sea Foam as previously directed. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using Sea Foam in these various ways as fumes will be extreme for a short time.

Now here are my questions:

1) It says to pour through carb or throttle body throat. Where exactily do I pour it into the carb??? The only thing that is open that you can pour it into is the velocity stack on top of the carb (with tank off). Is that where they want me to pour it into?

2) Where is the throttle body throat located?

3) What do they mean by port injected? Fuel injected?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I think perhaps you shouldn't use such products until you buy a manual.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Your bike doesn't want to drink that, why would it need it.

Just curious about the product. I've heard a bunch of guys talk about it. They said it's liquid gold for bringing old bikes back to life after sitting around for a long time.

P.S. I know where the throttle body throat is now.

The best way to use it is ( in a car anyway) is find a vacuum port on the carb or manifold, attach a hose, and put the other end in the sea foam. Keep the car running for half a minute, then let it drink enough to stall. Let it sit. It's supposed to eat the carbon off the valves/intake port, ect. I've used it in my truck, it didn't make a difference, or help it pass inspection.

Re: Instructions on using Seafoam

Wanted to bring this thread back, cause I just bought the same product and had similar questions - will pouring a bit of it in the tank do enough to clean the intake valves of carbon build up, or will I need to "(If vehicle is port injected slowly pour SEA FOAM through direct manifold vacuum line that will feed all cylinders)" etc - or should I avoid this?

I was in the engine the other day, intake valves definitely need some help, but I wonder if using it in a few full tanks over the next few weeks will do the job, or if it needs a different approach.

Ideas?