Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

keyless ignition for triumph 675

iTrader Score

keyless ignition for triumph 675

so people are very hesitant (understandably) on the triumph websites to help me out with this one due to bike thieves. to start off my daytona is track only, has been for afew years now, some of you know me from bomo, and tonys track days. i do own my bike and have a title and have owned it since 08. i am installing attack triple clamps and there is no need any longer for the ignition. i wanted to hook up a toggle switch or bypass the ignition all together and just use the kill switch for the on/off. the problem i am seeing on the triumph sites is the bike properly shutting off, cycling the ecu and other systems that triumph likes to check once the ignition is switched off and getting the proper power where its needed (the headlight harness does share power with the ecu) when the bike is on. if anyone can shed any light on this problem and how to do this mod please let me know. my thanks again for any help

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS AM #329
    Thank you to my 2017 sponsors: Vortex, Zero Gravity, Bazzaz, Edgewood market, and BELL helmets!!! https://www.bellhelmets.com/

iTrader Score

Re: keyless ignition for triumph 675

Did you have any luck with this?

I've been asking all weekend on the triumph forums with no luck.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    2 (100%)

If you are track only you can get the triumph race kit which will make the kill switch the on/off and bypass the need for an ignition

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

I'd rather not spend $300 on something that should be as simple as cutting a few wires.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    I'd rather not spend $300 on something that should be as simple as cutting a few wires.
    I ended up figuring it out a while back. Shoot me a pm and I'll set you up with the diy

0 Not allowed!
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS AM #329
    Thank you to my 2017 sponsors: Vortex, Zero Gravity, Bazzaz, Edgewood market, and BELL helmets!!! https://www.bellhelmets.com/

iTrader Score

Lol actually I see you already messaged me on the 675 forums. I'll send you the instructions there

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #329

iTrader Score

Thanks Sir!

The build begins tonight. Currently it's a motor, frame, airbox, forks and wheels... IF I can get the cracked cluster working it will be at Thompson Thursday.

I'll need to steal a couple parts off my street bike to make it but it'll be a fun time.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

So, good and bad news.

Followed the write up you gave me. Plugged it in to my street triple to try it out as I know it has a full working electronic system. The bike is always powered on. The Kill switch is only controling the fuel pump. Any ideas?

Also, do you have a write of of how to safely remove the headlight circut? Tail lights I know can just be unplugged but I remember someone saying the headlights need to be plugged in for the bike to run.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

sorry you have had problems. this method has worked for me and dozens of people i have shared it with since the beginning of the year. i would say start by double and triple checking it was done correctly. all you are doing when following the instructions is wiring it up as if the key was on all the time so if you did it correctly and it worked before hand then with the key it should work fine now. one big thing alot of people make a mistake with is pullling the fuse for the headlights. yes the headlight fuse powers the ecu along with the headlights. make sure that fuse is in or the bike will not start. simply unplug the headlight harness from the main wiring harness and you will be fine. let me know how it works out

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #329

iTrader Score

I talked to Hookie on T675. I miss understood how this works is all. It works perfectly, I didn't realize I needed to add in a full kill switch though or the bike wouldn't power down.

Where did you add one in?

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

The key and the ignition/kill switch are redundant. They do the same thing. It's not like on a GSXR, where the ignition/kill only turns off the engine but the key turns the relays, light and the dash off. On our triumph's both switches turn off everything. It's 100% fine to use the kill stich only. i have been running with only the kill switch all year with no problems. i also have talked to afew guys on the d675 forums who have run this setup for years without a secondary kill switch and all have agreed its fine. no need to run a second kill switch

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS AM #329

iTrader Score

Hey any chance I can get the write up? I'm looking at my FSM and have a light understanding but wanted to make sure I connected the correct wires

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    The key and the ignition/kill switch are redundant. They do the same thing. It's not like on a GSXR, where the ignition/kill only turns off the engine but the key turns the relays, light and the dash off. On our triumph's both switches turn off everything. It's 100% fine to use the kill stich only. i have been running with only the kill switch all year with no problems. i also have talked to afew guys on the d675 forums who have run this setup for years without a secondary kill switch and all have agreed its fine. no need to run a second kill switch
    I missed this, I think it may be because I'm actually using a street triple. With the kill switch off, I still had power going to lights and the dash so I needed the secondary kill switch between the whites. Works like a champ so far. No issues in 2 track days with it or any deap battery problems. Just have to remember to hit both switches.

Quote Originally Posted by FZR View Post
    Hey any chance I can get the write up? I'm looking at my FSM and have a light understanding but wanted to make sure I connected the correct wires
    You've got pm. Per the post above, you maybe able to skip the entire section I added in bold if using a Daytona. I pretty much stole my track street triple so it's pretty rare to see a street triple track only bike and no one really knows all the little differences.

0 Not allowed!

How do I PM you to get the diy?

0 Not allowed!

can you plese help me i cant get it
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    I missed this, I think it may be because I'm actually using a street triple. With the kill switch off, I still had power going to lights and the dash so I needed the secondary kill switch between the whites. Works like a champ so far. No issues in 2 track days with it or any deap battery problems. Just have to remember to hit both switches.

You've got pm. Per the post above, you maybe able to skip the entire section I added in bold if using a Daytona. I pretty much stole my track street triple so it's pretty rare to see a street triple track only bike and no one really knows all the little differences.

0 Not allowed!

can you help me out its killing me

0 Not allowed!

can you send me how my bike is down i put a new ecu on it and still cant get it

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR1000 View Post
    can you send me how my bike is down i put a new ecu on it and still cant get it
    He's not going to give you the how to, move along please.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Philkinson; 11-13-16 at 08:15 PM.
    CCS/LLRS AM #642

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

iTrader Score

Woodcraft. $70.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

iTrader Score

Triumph - all - www.woodcraft-cfm.com

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    CCS/LLRS AM #642

2015/2016 NESR Fantasy Road Race CHAMPION

can you pm me on how to do it please

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

Ok, I wasn't going to respond to any of this but I figure I'll put a stop to this. You are a new member, so new looks like you just joined to get this information. There is a reason it took me so long to get this information. It can be used steal bikes. I'm sorry but I don't know you or anything about you. I'm ok with helping people that are a part of this community. Become part of it! and if you havent gotten the information by the spring I'll share it with you. But again like afew others have said the woodcraft option is probably a quick easy solution. That being said this is a great site, with great people that are always here to help. Hang out here and you might just like it.

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    looks like you just joined to get this information. It can be used steal bikes.
    You say it like it's a bad thing.

0 Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 05 YZ450F ice - 03 KDX220R woods - 00 WR400 MOTARD!

can somone help me out please i am new to this i just need help i can give you my vin or whatever you want

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score

The quick solution is buy the Woodcraft setup.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / ??? - 2009 XC-W 300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast