Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Detail Shop recomendation?

The garage at my apartment complex was recently renovated. The company doing the job went over their timeline and continued working after we were allowed to put uor vehicles back into the garage, however, they didnt bother to tell anyone. I come back from work and find my bike covered in some sort of adhesive glue, overspray from whatever they were doing. They tried to wipe it off, but in reality rubbed it in and made it worse. my rear black seat is now grey, and the frame and even exhaust is covered. I'm absolutely fuming!! My bike looks like it's covered in glitter.

I tried removing it with cleaning and wax compounds (meguiars liquid wax maybe?) but even with some good elbow grease, it looks like it will be a very long process. Any cleaning material suggestions?

I am really looking for a detail shop to get a quote on what it would take to remove this junk, and i plan on havnig the landlord/company reimburse me. If anyone has recomendations near the boston area, please let me know.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You'd be surprised at how well Honda Polish works. I'd try cleaning it yourself with Honda Polish.

So what if it takes a little elbow grease. Some day when it's raining go down there and try it out. You'll save money in the long run. If it doesn't work then go the detail shop route.

Lifer

Do you plan on people reimbursing you or do they plan on reimbursing you? Because one will happen and the other one won't.

Bring it to a proffesional bodyshop for one, and you'll need to know what chemical is on there to get the correct solvent to take it off.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

since he's dumb and not following this thread, i'll tell.

he talked to the owner of the company, who agreed to reimburse him to have the bike detailed.

he brought the bike in the other day, and i haven't talked to him since.

Originally posted by bove
    since he's dumb

I happen to be quite smart. And yes, they will reimburse me. I picked the bike up this morning, shes beautiful...better then before "the incident"

Bove, we're not friends anymore. Tell your wife to give a little slack on your leash

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Bove, we're not friends anymore. Tell your wife to give a little slack on your leash
    hahahahahhaha

blow me