Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LED turn signal wiring?????

What chicken strip??????? NEWTREADS's Avatar

I just got a new set of LEDs from Mototeck to replace the rear turn signals. The old ones the solder connection vibrated free from the PCB. ANyway Mototeck just sent me another set since they were under warranty. The old oned had 1 black and 1 yellow wire. Real easy to hook up. These same part and all have an additional grey wire? I cant tell what it is by where it attaches to the PCB and what is it supposed to hook up to? I dont wanna pop the leds doing the trial and error thing. Mototeck takes forever with email responses and haven't been answering the phone for the last 2 days. Just wanna get these in so I can ride Sunday. Any help would be great. thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

WOW overwhelming response. Thanks everyone. If anyone ever has this problem. The 3rd off color wire is if you are using the LEDs int the front so they will run as running lights.

LEDs don't pop by wiring them backwards, they pop from wiring them forwards without a current limiting resistor. Could there be more than one set of LEDs for brake/running lights or something?

Yea resistors are in place to slow the blink rate. There was this 3rd wire on this set and I had no idea where it went. I popped one by running too much power to it testing it to see if it worked before tearing the whole ass end off my bik eto do the undertail. I just didnt want to take any chances, not being sure if a false ground from the 3rd wire would cause problems. Its all done and works like a champ now. I just bundled and taped down the running light wire and it was all good. They were just a front set of lights that I was installing in the rear.

they prob sent you the wrong ones. i just got replacement LED directionals from Mototeck for my undertail kit, and I only had 2 wires on both my LEDs they sent me.