Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My love got knocked over

My love got knocked over

So my beautiful loving fiance who I love with all my heart knocked over my 2003 R6 last night when she didn't see it on the middle of the driveway when she got home from work. Who dares park a motorcycle in the driveway! In her defense, it is blacked out, and it was midnight, and it wasn't where we normally park the bikes if their not in storage. It's, OK, it can be fixed.

So the damage isn't really all that bad. My Right bar snapped, but the controls seem to be fine. The fairing is scratched and cracked- I'm bringing it into work to try to do a fiberglass repair and paint it. The engine cover is gouged more than it was before- not the first time it's been on the ground, but first time since I've owned it. And my slip on slipped off.
    I need help IDing the bars, I think theyre Helibars. I can't seem to find a place where I can buy just one. If I have to replace both, I was thinking of going with Woodcraft clip ons with a 1.5"riser to get them close to the height of these. I ride 2 hours to work on a normal basis so comfort does play into this a little bit. I might order a new cover also, since it's no proper fucked. Take a bolt to true value and get replacements for the ones that are damaged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My love got knocked over-imag1580-jpg   My love got knocked over-imag1581-jpg   My love got knocked over-imag1582-jpg   My love got knocked over-imag1579-jpg  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    03 R6, 15 Ninja 650, 72 CB350

Re: My love got knocked over

Welp, time to trade it in for a new one...

...the fiancee, I'm talking about.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Fate's way of saying, "that thing would make a great track bike!"

That sucks.

In high school I got a call to the principals office one afternoon. A woman had backed into my bike and knocked it over, no major damage just cosmetic mostly. She told me "it was in my way", got in her car and drove off. Small town, she was the chief of police's wife...

If only I lived closer to the track and work weekends it'd be an option. Then, I'd need another bike- wedding present

03 R6, 15 Ninja 650, 72 CB350

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    That sucks.

In high school I got a call to the principals office one afternoon. A woman had backed into my bike and knocked it over, no major damage just cosmetic mostly. She told me "it was in my way", got in her car and drove off. Small town, she was the chief of police's wife...
    someone needs to run over her Lincoln with a HumVee and say "oops, it was in my way" before they drive off

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    That sucks.

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by real_steve_b View Post
    So my beautiful loving fiance who I love with all my heart knocked over my 2003 R6 last night when she didn't see it on the middle of the driveway when she got home from work. Who dares park a motorcycle in the driveway! In her defense, it is blacked out, and it was midnight, and it wasn't where we normally park the bikes if their not in storage. It's, OK, it can be fixed.

So the damage isn't really all that bad. My Right bar snapped, but the controls seem to be fine. The fairing is scratched and cracked- I'm bringing it into work to try to do a fiberglass repair and paint it. The engine cover is gouged more than it was before- not the first time it's been on the ground, but first time since I've owned it. And my slip on slipped off.
    Anyone else concerned that his silencer "slipped off" only from a tip over? I'm assuming a "custom" job since this is the 2nd gen or so that had the bazookas mounted off the passenger pegs? Was it barely torqued or not seated very well? and bummer on the tipover.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!