Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Need mechanical help G12 Loudon

Need mechanical help G12 Loudon

Ok so yeah, we stay up all hours doing motor swaps every race weekend but this weekend I need to ask for extra help.

I have a set of 600rr USD forks that I need to swap the seals. I can do regular forks but this is my first attempt at USD. Also I did not manage to buy or borrow the spring compresiion tool.

Anyone with the knowledge, tools & desire to talk me through it would be appreciated. I can pay you enough to cover a couple race entries or whatever would make you really be happy you helped a brutha out.

Hoping that all the help I've given new racers will in a karma like way come back to me.

I'll have the legs in the garage (N G12) by Thursday afternoon. Or you can text me at 917-853-2209 (SmokinJoe73)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Need mechanical help G12 Loudon

Call Kates and see when he's going to be there. For the "couple race entries" your willing to spend, it can be done by a professional.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Need mechanical help G12 Loudon

So heres the update. My friend and garagemate John "top gear" Lear helped me do the seal swap. It was as easy as removing the bottom allen bolt and slide hammering out the old seal. Its a bit fiddly doing the install but it went perfectly. Forks are done. Anyone needing fork seals can use this procedure.

I am happy to now be putting the 600RR forks back on my street VTR1000. I already transplanted the 600RR dash which gave me digital speedo, temp and a fuel gauge on a bike that had no fuel gauge. I love slowly modernizing an old but awesome big V twin.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!