Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Motorcycle inspection in Maine

Motorcycle inspection in Maine

I recently just got my ninja registered and need to get it inspected but having a hard time finding a place. I live in portland and the only one i've heard as a maybe is reynold's and possibly big moose harley. Do these places do inspections on any motorcycle or does anyone know of other places around the portland area?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Motorcycle inspection in Maine

Moto Milano is in Windham, just get on 302 and keep going out of town, about 2 miles past the rotary on your left. Normally they do inspections on a first come first serve basis on Saturdays, make an appt (just call ahead really) during the week.

You've also got Street Cycles in Falmouth, off route 1. I don't know their policy on when they'll do inspections, but I bet if you give them a call they'll be happy to share with you.

Power Wheelz over here in South Portland does them. It's over by the mall, small shop, real good about aftermarket stuff when it comes to stickers. Let me know if u want directions/phone number

That would be great to get the # for Power Wheelz, I actually work right near the mall. Are the only open until 5?

Another question is my license plate is a MA plate, does it matter if I get it inspected in Maine?

You need a Maine reg to get a Maine inspection, so you'll need to get that sorted first.

I don't know about bikes, but I'm 100% sure u can get a sticker with an out of state plate on a car (I have my stcker license for cars and commercial trucks) I think bikes are the same. #883-8080 open 10- 6 tues thru Friday, saturday 10-3

Quote Originally Posted by SPGixxer06 View Post
    I don't know about bikes, but I'm 100% sure u can get a sticker with an out of state plate on a car (I have my stcker license for cars and commercial trucks) I think bikes are the same. #883-8080 open 10- 6 tues thru Friday, saturday 10-3
    If you're living in Maine though, you've got 30 days to get a Maine license and reg... : )

I'll have to see if I can dig up an inspection handbook. I know you need a reg to sticker, thought it was supposed to be a Maine reg but I could be wrong. Last time I trolled through it I was more concerned with dual sport details than paperwork. : )

This has a lot of useful information as well:

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/vehicle...spections.html

Looks like you're right, out of state plates, no problemo. I'll just have to tuck that tidbit away.

I have an apartment in Maine, but "technically" my home address is in Mass. Or at least thats what i told the triple A insurance agent to get a nice cheap policy

I know im a couple months late with a response but yes you can get a Maine inspection sticker registered in another state. There are 2 stations in Westbrook, Westbrook Service Center @ 399 Main st. And the other guy(my competition) who shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by drowe531 View Post
    I recently just got my ninja registered and need to get it inspected but having a hard time finding a place. I live in portland and the only one i've heard as a maybe is reynold's and possibly big moose harley. Do these places do inspections on any motorcycle or does anyone know of other places around the portland area?
    The State of Maine provides a list of licensed inspection stations. Use this link: http://pfr.informe.org/ALMSOnline/AL...chCompany.aspx The trick is to know what options to select. For Department select Public Safety. For Agency pick Maine State Police. For Regulator select Motor Vehicle Inspection Unit. Under Authority select Motorcycle. Hitting search returns all matches in the state. You can then download to a comma delimited file for searching in a spreadsheet like Excel, or you can select a town or zip code to narrow the search.

Several show up on Riverside Ave in Portland, as well as Reynolds in Buxton, Carter's in Gorham, Power Wheels in Scarborough (right near the mall), and many others in that general area. I'd recommend calling ahead as they may not actually perform the inspections even though they're licensed.