Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RTVultra copper??

Question RTVultra copper??

hey everyone, Has anybody had any experience using this stuff for an exhaust leak where the aftermarket slip on pipe meets the tail end of the header?? I heard the stuff is good and will come off easily enough if you need to remove it. my aftermarket pipe is leaking from the clamp area directly under the center of the bike. its not bad enough to effect the power of my bike but its really pissing me off and its another area that water vapor can penetrate into.. since its at the bottom of the header I'm not to concerned about water finding its way into the motor ( if its possible ie the valves etc..) ANy thoughts, oppinions, experience with this????P.s. the after market pipe is to small in diameter to use a stock replacement gasket that would normally go in this area. 04F4i
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

RTVultra copper??

It's good stuff, I've actually used it as a head gasket on my Bultaco.Let it dry overnight before you start the bike and it will stop most exhaust leaks.

RTVultra copper??

Originally posted by Idiotboy
    It's good stuff, I've actually used it as a head gasket on my Bultaco.Let it dry overnight before you start the bike and it will stop most exhaust leaks.
    It says NOT to use for headgaskets. Not on the package ,but it does on the tube. I used it on a headgasket in my car and it failed in a couple of months.

As for other uses it has worked fine. When you change you pipes your supposed to put in a new gasket since they crush when you torque the bolts.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

RTVultra copper??

For head gaskets, use the spray-on stuff. I used the stuff in a tube AS a head gasket, not ON a head gasket, and it's been leak-free since the 80's, but that's an air-cooled motor.Your results may vary.It does work very well on exhaust joints though.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

RTVultra copper??

you could try this stuff called "Chamber Seal", its like a tape that you wrap around the pipe and then clamp down on it. ive sold lots of it to dirt heads

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports