Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ok how hard is it to do these things ?

Ok , I'm looking at the microfiches for the SV650 , and this doesn't sound too hard to do . . .
    How hard is it to replace the shift lever (left foot) and clutch lever (left hand) and brake lever (right hand) ? Is it like really hard ? And are the carbon fiber levers the ones that make the bike faster right ?

edit: wow just noticed i screwed up . . . , put left foot for clutch lever and right foot for brake lever . . . lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

It's pretty easy.

Not sure why you'd want to replace the levers themselves since they can be dragged though, and why wear out some expensive carbon fiber ones when you could just wear out the stock ones instead.

I had taken mine apart to switch the peg positions. It doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes once you know how to do it.

The only trick is adjusting the electrical switch for the rear brake if you move the right peg, and/or having the right length shift rod if you move the left peg. The brake switch is a poor design on the SV IMO which makes it easy to mess it up.

Ben

Re: Ok how hard is it to do these things ?

Originally posted by Gangsta SV
    Ok , I'm looking at the microfiches for the SV650 , and this doesn't sound too hard to do . . .
    How hard is it to replace the shift lever (left foot) and clutch lever (left hand) and brake lever (right hand) ? Is it like really hard ? And are the carbon fiber levers the ones that make the bike faster right ?

edit: wow just noticed i screwed up . . . , put left foot for clutch lever and right foot for brake lever . . . lol
    so you want to change the controls for both hands and the left foot... not the right foot.

did someone have a spill of some sort?

goto the other thread oreo

hahahaha beat ya to it.

you didn't really think you could put a question like that up without catching some shit right?!

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    hahahaha beat ya to it.

you didn't really think you could put a question like that up without catching some shit right?!

nope , should have asked about the right lever too ahhaahhaha , you old people scare me