Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Petcocks?

rides bikes

Petcocks?

Went to rebuild the petcock on my Bandit and after taking it apart I realized it was junk - all corroded and rotted out. So I hopped on the old eBay machine and bought myself the best petcock $8 could buy. I'm not naive, and I wasn't expecting perfection, but I've used these cheapo parts with great success. Unfortunately, the one I got had a smaller outlet (maybe 3/16 or 1/4) compared to the stocker, which is 5/16 or 3/8. The bike runs fine, but only if you ride like a grandma, otherwise it gets starved for fuel.

I'm now on the hunt for a (more) correct one. The OEM one is $100+ and I don't really want to bother with a used one. Any suggestions on where I can find one without dropping $100?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Petcocks?

Just had I peak on the bay and spied a few OE ones for under 100
    Sometimes you just got to make it hurt once with a purchase like this buy new and forget it... you want real nice units try here PINGEL® Single Outlet Reserve Fuel Valves – Motorcycle Petcocks

Last edited by MUZ720; 07-13-17 at 01:25 PM.

rides bikes

I probably will just man up and spend the cash....just seems insane to me. I should probably check one of the tanks I have kicking around the garage...

Spend the cash, go OEM. Pingels can absolutely flow more, but they can also be a PITA to install, and then tweak to get clean flow from.

rides bikes

I don't think I've ever even messed with a Pingel. Don't want to start now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Just had I peak on the bay and spied a few OE ones for under 100
    Got a link? Haven't seen any new ones under $110

Didn't say new sorry for the misunderstanding.. and I never had any issues with fitting or using Pingel products.
    Here the link to one of them Access Denied

rides bikes

Gotcha...no worries! I just pulled the trigger on BikeBandit. The outside of mine looks better than those used ones, so not worth the risk/headache. SO SICK of taking the tank off of this bike.