Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Question Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Has anyone here ridin on a plugged tire for any length of time?? I am a bit worried about riding on a 400 + miler tomorrow on this plugged tire???

Before the Deals Gap trip I bought a tire plug kit and was finally stuck using it this afternoon on the RC. I bought this thing just in case I ever had an issue while far from home, but was hoping to never have to use it.. . Well I have been riding on the rear that had a staple in it for about three weeks. I kept forgeting to pull it out, and wanted to get at it before it went too deep and sprung a leak.. Well I pulled it today and it kept on comming.. Turns out I had a 6 penny ring nail in the fugger. The whole nail was there except the head. So obviously the tire began to go flat. Well I plugged it no problem and used my bicycle pump to fill it back up to 34 psi, I will recheck the pressure in the morning and hope its holding. I am positive it will hold fine. But should I ride on this as if it never happened or should I be precausious?? Or only use it temporarily till I get my new street tires, and ride conservatively, if at all???

I know that rmbbbbbbbbikes & heehawsoogood has riden his with plugs and still tears the streets up, and never had a problem or worry...

Just concerned... Should I be??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

got about 3K miles-- including a trackday-- on a Stop 'n' Go plug I put in my rear tire last season.

after I plugged it, checked pressure daily for awhile (whether or not I rode)... then, once it seemed to be OK, just treated it like I would a regular tire.

YMMV, of course...

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Kewl to know Jeff !

I put the thing to the test today. All was perfect ! If it didn't let go after the riding I did today it will never let go!!!!

I did not take it easy what so ever on the tire today.... Had a blast. I checked the pressure this morning and had the same 34 psi, checked again a few more times during the day and was pleased to see it was working perfect. I had to remind myself after the first stop when the tire was hot, the air pressure rose?? Oh yeah the pressure expands the air when heated! molecules or something??? But it was mint... Still going to order another set from S.D. becuase thesae will be spent withing another 1K. Dam that three sets of tires so far this year !!! I have been doing a ton of riding!!!! I LOVE IT!

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

This is the plug after a hard day of tearing Rt 100 up !! & I do mean tearing it up ....

www.tailofthedragon.com

mike ive used plugs

never any trouble 1000s of miles cheap french man

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Lifer

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Half Squid - Did you go by Ben and Jerrys? I heard a twin rip by last weekend while I was out doing yardwork.

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

The rear tire that's on my Hawk is the first one that I have NOT had a plug in for about 30,000 hard miles and not a problem. I had a friend who worked at GBM and he would give me the rears that people come in for replacements. Sad to see he doesn't work there anymore.

Hessogood has 3 plugs a can of csime and a mushroom patch in his rear right now. Holding fine.

Plug it and run it that is my opinion.

KB

Last edited by KB; 07-21-04 at 12:50 PM.
    LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    Half Squid - Did you go by Ben and Jerrys? I heard a twin rip by last weekend while I was out doing yardwork.
    you LIVE @ Ben and Jerry's? how kewl is THAT?!?!

WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Lifer

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

The really cool part is that every Christmas a truck from Ben and Jerrys parks at the end of my development and gives us free ice cream (factory seconds, but it is still good) for being good neighbors.... :-)

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...

Plugging MC tires Safe ?

Originally posted by SSearchVT
    Was not me, I was invite to ride with a few guys that it could have been? Mycirus and his buds! I had Family obligations, other wise I would have been answering YES It was me.. Sad to say, but no it was not...

Mike

www.tailofthedragon.com