Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

adjusting front forks and ride height

I Dance With Will

Question adjusting front forks and ride height

is this the same thing? and is there a good article on this? I found something before, but couldn't find it again. I just order the service manual. It's on back order.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

That is something that Degsy or I can look at. The geometry of the F4i is really close, if not the same, as the F4's that we raced last year
    Ride height is what is adjusted by moving the forks up and down in the tripple tree. This should be done with care as if the ride height is lowered too much in the front the bike could become unstable. The rear ride height is just pretty easy to change in that bike also. You can put washers in at the mounting point of the shock to the frame...

G

Last edited by GMAN226; 11-07-02 at 06:03 PM.
    Gerard

I Dance With Will

I finally understand now

There are 2 nobs, compression and dampers, per each suspension, front and rear, and lowering is different altogether.

Is there easy way to check if the bike has been lower correctly?

"fuckit!"

One thing to remember when it comes to adjusting your suspension is make the adjustments little by little until everything feels OK. When you lower, or raise your ride height it's done by changing things by only a few millimeters. (if you bike turns in OK and rides OK don't fuck with anything) One way to see if your suspension has been lowered is by checking the fork tubes on the triple tree. most bikes stock have the fork tubes even with the top of the triple tree. If you are real serious about your suspension and ride height you should have someone look at. cheap way is having Degsy or Gerard look at, and the expensive way is having Peter Kates at GMD Computrack tweek it.