Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Questions regarding upgrades to my SV 650

Re: Questions regarding upgrades to my SV 650

Quote Originally Posted by Streetlethal100 View Post
    No need to fear..... (Brett) is here!

You can add aTRE to most bikes. There is a kid on the SVriders forum that makes really nice ones and sells them. Its worth the few bucks to have a nice neat one that plugs in. Otherwise you can just fire it yourself. If you just do a little searching on aTRE you can read up on how it works. You wont notice a HUGE difference, but that, along with a Throttle Position Sensor adjustment (again, you can find detailed instructions on svrider.com) the bike will be noticeably better with that "jerky" feeling. The TPS adjustment is tedious but fairly simple.

Other mods that are worth doing....

Get an R6 throttle tube. This has a shorter throw and allows for less wrist turn from closed to full throttle. This in itself helps miss that jerky initial moment through the gear changes.
    Hey!,

Unfortunately my bike currently needs some repairs. Will figure out if I can get any of these in. When I get to fix it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ae View Post
    //
    2) Exhaust.
    After a car driver missing me by a few inches at around 80MPH on route 3, I have decided that this might be inevitable. I'm currently looking at the Delkevics as they seem to be the cheapest ones around. /
    77% of motorcycle crash threats come from in front of you. So why do you want to make noise behind you - revenge? There is no safety study anywhere that demonstrates a correlation between noise and any safety benefit .

Maybe get a white helmet, hi-viz jacket, loud horn, and don't ride in the company of cars at 80mph instead? Those are all things that have been proven to actully make you safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    77% of motorcycle crash threats come from in front of you. So why do you want to make noise behind you - revenge? There is no safety study anywhere that demonstrates a correlation between noise and any safety benefit .

Maybe get a white helmet, hi-viz jacket, loud horn, and don't ride in the company of cars at 80mph instead? Those are all things that have been proven to actully make you safer.
    My buddy always puts air horns on his bike. Scares the living shit out of me all the time, but you can bet it works!

I almost want to put a stock exhaust back on so I can be quieter. I love zippin through the backroads (especially the private ones I find nestled away) but I dont want the people calling the cops on me and setting up speed traps. Id rather be stealth at 50mph through the turns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12