Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

R6 Coolant Overflow bottle?

R6 Coolant Overflow bottle?

I've seen it on a bunch of race prepped R6 as well as on the internet somewhere but I'm looking for a coolant overflow bottle to substitute the OEM. They look like pint sized, white nalgene bottles. Guys will run a hose into it, and overflow hose to the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about, anyone know where I can find one? Anyone know how to make it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: R6 Coolant Overflow bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by kumpy View Post
    I've seen it on a bunch of race prepped R6 as well as on the internet somewhere but I'm looking for a coolant overflow bottle to substitute the OEM. They look like pint sized, white nalgene bottles. Guys will run a hose into it, and overflow hose to the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about, anyone know where I can find one? Anyone know how to make it?
    Dave BRG racing makes a kit for sv650's, i'm sure if you emailed them they could modify it for an R6. Is this the same bike you were trying to sell last spring? The website is http://www.brgracing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave603 View Post
    Dave BRG racing makes a kit for sv650's, i'm sure if you emailed them they could modify it for an R6. Is this the same bike you were trying to sell last spring? The website is http://www.brgracing.com/
    Thanks for the info, I've seen it somewhere on the internet specifically for the R6 and it was something like $160, but I'm thinking it so simple I can just do it myself. I want to put it on both my A bike, B bike, C bike, and D bike! I didn't sell it cause I managed to get the title from original owner and now have it titled in my name as well as found out I had Ohlins 20mm kit in the front, Penske Triple in the rear. I wasn't able to appreciate what I had last year but had Pete from GMD refresh both front and rear, checked the frame and found out it was straight. I adjusted the valves, the thing is MINT now!

Thats it!!!! Thanks man! You ever sell that suit??

Quote Originally Posted by boloson View Post

The Taichi suit? Yup sold that & now trying to sell another 1 for my buddy. U decided to keep the r6 huh?

yeah, I'm keeping all of them right now, but I'll sell anyone any of them if someone wants it, just not advertising it. I got an 07 or 08 R6 with your name on it!

Quote Originally Posted by kumpy View Post
    Thanks for the info, I've seen it somewhere on the internet specifically for the R6 and it was something like $160, but I'm thinking it so simple I can just do it myself. I want to put it on both my A bike, B bike, C bike, and D bike! I didn't sell it cause I managed to get the title from original owner and now have it titled in my name as well as found out I had Ohlins 20mm kit in the front, Penske Triple in the rear. I wasn't able to appreciate what I had last year but had Pete from GMD refresh both front and rear, checked the frame and found out it was straight. I adjusted the valves, the thing is MINT now!
    Ughh I knew I should've bought it when you asked me! LOL I was in a rush to buy a bike when I came home last summer and things were already in motion for the SV I have now which I'm now building up for superbike. In the end I will probably have spent as much as an R6 (what I actually originally wanted) but I'm having fun building it up so its worth it to me, and once its built up I will always keep it as a "fun" bike. Maybe 2015 will bring an R6 to my garage.

I bought the bottle and hose here http://www.redline-ci.com/part_books...pages/f_10.asp
    its the HRC stuff. came to like $9. if you find the full HRC overflow set on other sites its like $30+ and its just the bottle, hose and zip ties. $21 for zip ties is ridiculous. I drilled 4 holes in my ram air tube and zip tied it on. and I don't run an overflow hose to the bellypan but I think I'll just buy some more hose from the hardware store and run a hose down there for next year.
    I've also seen people go the super cheap route and just reuse an old soda or water bottle. some of the hawk guys got fancy and use a nice metal water bottle.

I used a metal one on my tard.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Thanks Brett, you just gave me a cool idea!