Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Re-map advice

Re-map advice

i just recently picked up a 2013 Ducati MTS1200S. I noticed that the fueling is less than perfect. I noticed a flat spot around 2500 rpm and surging between 4500-5000 rpm. I researched Rexxer and know I can send in my ECU for a re-flash but I have been reading about the Tuneboy software. For almost the same price, I can load 3 different maps into the ECU and also install cruise control which this bike is sorely lacking. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Tuneboy and would recommend it.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Re-map advice

custom map...

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Seacoast

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Tuneboy is pretty awesome and will allow you to build a fuel table to alter your map yourself. That said, I wouldn't recommend doing that yourself. You really need to see how the changes you make affect the AFR to know whether or not you've made a good change...the butt dyno is not a great indicator. You could potentially build a map that puts your bike in a dangerously lean condition. If you like the extra features that you can get with Tuneboy, I recommend looking for a dyno tuner who is familiar with the software and work with them on building a custom map.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    Tuneboy is pretty awesome and will allow you to build a fuel table to alter your map yourself. That said, I wouldn't recommend doing that yourself. You really need to see how the changes you make affect the AFR to know whether or not you've made a good change...the butt dyno is not a great indicator. You could potentially build a map that puts your bike in a dangerously lean condition. If you like the extra features that you can get with Tuneboy, I recommend looking for a dyno tuner who is familiar with the software and work with them on building a custom map.
    + 1.

There is some real science behind fuel mapping and tuning. Even among the commercially available tunes, some are better than others. A custom tune from someone highly qualified is best. Next best thing is the best most widely reviewed off the shelf tune. You'd leave a bit on the table, but it will still be better than stock.

I had to use tuneboy to crack my KTM690 ECU. I remember it being expensive, and not making a huge difference. I'm surprised to hear complaints about a multi. The fueling on the examples I have tried has been flawless.

If you read forums everyone will say it is shite. I have no evidence that modern ducatis lack anything in the fueling dept. My stock Hyper is amazing.

Paul_E_D