Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rear shock + fork for an F4i

What chicken strip??????? NEWTREADS's Avatar

After 22K my suspension is hammered. I was wonderin if anyone knew of any good upgrades for an 04 cbr 600 f4i. I heard that the rear shock from a cbr 954 was compatable and a good upgrade. Is this true??? Also a friend of mine is using a GSXR 750 front end on an sv650 that was turned into a streetfighter. The bike handles so much better his rc51 never leaves the garage anymore. Is there any options like that for an f4? Like using an rr fork and tree to upgrade? Im not big into stunting I just want to stay hooked up at full lean. After seeing a friend of mine go down on Sunday its time I get off my ass and make this thing right. I could rebuild and replace but want to look into upgrading first.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by NEWTREADS; 06-25-07 at 11:41 PM. Reason: 4got someting

I heard that a crusher will fix it!!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Lifer

929 front end will bolt on, and I'm sure there's a number of shocks that will as well. There's no telling if the geometries will be right, and if they're not it'll handle like a bag of smashed assholes. I put a 954 swingarm on my shock after researching and hearing from over 25 riders that it swapped right over. It now handles like ass. Don't put in stuff that doesn't fit, buy a shock or have yours rebuilt, and at the very least clean your forks and put in fresh fluid. Call Peter Kates at GMD computrack or go to his forum here.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Banned

I have an Ohlins shock for an F4i with a 954 linkage for sale. $600

What chicken strip??????? NEWTREADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hessogood View Post
    929 front end will bolt on, and I'm sure there's a number of shocks that will as well. There's no telling if the geometries will be right, and if they're not it'll handle like a bag of smashed assholes. I put a 954 swingarm on my shock after researching and hearing from over 25 riders that it swapped right over. It now handles like ass. Don't put in stuff that doesn't fit, buy a shock or have yours rebuilt, and at the very least clean your forks and put in fresh fluid. Call Peter Kates at GMD computrack or go to his forum here.
    Thanks for the info. I most likely will end up rebuilding the stock, but am curious about cheap upgrades. Used parts that have life in them are sometimes cheaper than labor costs. Im thinkin the 929 front end (if the bearing cups are the same) as a bolt on would be a nice performance upgrade. the rake angle is decided by the frame. Just getting the ride hight would take some adjusting.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by NEWTREADS View Post
    Thanks for the info. I most likely will end up rebuilding the stock, but am curious about cheap upgrades. Used parts that have life in them are sometimes cheaper than labor costs. Im thinkin the 929 front end (if the bearing cups are the same) as a bolt on would be a nice performance upgrade. the rake angle is decided by the frame. Just getting the ride hight would take some adjusting.
    The rake is also determined by the triple trees - make sure the offset is the same between the f4i and the 929. Make sure the spring rates are close, and with compression and rebound adjustment you should be able to dial in some decent handling assuming the forks are in good shape when you get them...

SSearchVT

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction - and sometimes a scar...