Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Recommendations for radiator shop in Boston area?

Recommendations for radiator shop in Boston area?

I had the unfortunate luck of a rock punching a hole in my radiator when I was over 2 hours from home earlier this week. Fortunately I was just coming to a stop when the geyser of steaming coolant shot 10 ft forwards, so it wasn't particularly dramatic.

I'm still on the fence about getting a new/good used one vs repairing it. On one hand, I don't have a huge amount of confidence in a repaired radiator, and would very much like to have the peace of mind on a bike I plan on having a long time. On the other... a new radiator is $660 and good used ones run $300+ and don't come up very often. I want this back on the road soon!

The money is enough that I should at least investigate getting it fixed, so - any recommendations for a good radiator shop in the Boston area to do a solid patch on a Street Triple radiator?

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Recommendations for radiator shop in Boston area?

Not in Boston but I had a guy in Hudson nh fix my gsxr radiator, his shop has been there for 40+ years and is THE radiator guy. I've lived a street over for 30+ years and the guy fixed my rad and welded a broken tab on for 40$ total. Probably not convenient but if you can't find anything else... Willards radiator on Lowell rd

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Rogers Radiator in Medford:

http://www.rograd.com/

I used them some years ago to rebuild a couple of car radiators ... and the heater core on a '39 Buick.

-Kurt

And don't believe everything you think.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

just get one off ebay...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Rogers is Killer....I have used them in Willmington. Also there is 1800 Radiator and I got one for my 3 series was only 100 and quarter of what other wanted..

is the damage on a tube or the tank? I like Williards in Hudson. The other one I've used that was real good closed I wouldn't worry about a repaired Radiator at all. Never had an issue with repaired one in my racecar and it saw alot more extreme conditions than a street anything.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Quote Originally Posted by NlC0 View Post

I'm still on the fence about getting a new/good used one vs repairing it. On one hand, I don't have a huge amount of confidence in a repaired radiator
    Modern radiators that are professionally repaired is not the same thing as 30 years ago when you repaired a 20 year old radiator by soldering the leak only to have another leak spring in the next tube the day after tomorrow

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Banned
    Wirelessly posted

I have repaired a small radiator hole on a gixxer with JB weld and it held up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Not in Boston but I had a guy in Hudson nh fix my gsxr radiator, his shop has been there for 40+ years and is THE radiator guy. I've lived a street over for 30+ years and the guy fixed my rad and welded a broken tab on for 40$ total. Probably not convenient but if you can't find anything else... Willards radiator on Lowell rd
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    is the damage on a tube or the tank? I like Williards in Hudson. The other one I've used that was real good closed I wouldn't worry about a repaired Radiator at all. Never had an issue with repaired one in my racecar and it saw alot more extreme conditions than a street anything.
    cool - two votes for the same place. I'll check them out and rogers. it's a hole on a tube. tank stuff is easy, i wouldn't worry about a repair on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    just get one off ebay...
    if a non-dented one was on ebay and I'd get it. they clearly come up from time to time, but i'd rather cough up for a new one than get a dented radiator. used and in good shape is fine, but there just isn't one for sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly postedI have repaired a small radiator hole on a gixxer with JB weld and it held up perfectly.
    I wouldn't trust it. that's like that anchorman quote - "60% of the time, it works everytime." it might be fine, but if not, you're on the side of the road at the least, and a slippery antifreeze spray means theres a good chance you're also shiny side down.

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    just get one off ebay...
    On a Street Triple that's damn near imposible. The only way I've found mine is people parting out bikes. It does not use a daytona radiator and it is one of the most likely things to be damaged in an off.

I went to Willards to have a steel snowmobile tank welded. The old owner is gone, and the new owner couldn't deal with it. Call before you travel any distance.

Another +1 for Roger's Radiator. They even rushed a job for me (for free even though I offered to pay extra) because I only had 3 days between when I came home from NJ to when I was packing my bike to go to Loudon. They do great work.