Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Reliable Triumph shop

Re: Reliable Triumph shop

I thought you were looking for a reliable Triumph, and I was like... good luck! The dealer out my way is so crappy I will never go back. If you find a good Triumph dealer, stick with em!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

great bay treated my wife pretty good when her S3 needed work. she dropped off some forks without an appointment and they called back in a couple hours saying they were done.
    she also had a running issue (turns out that i caused) that they straightened out on the spot and i was able to call them a few days later to pay.
    its too bad they went bankrupt. now my closest dealer is national powersports

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Great Bay was one of my worst motorcycle purchase dealings.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jeff

rrrright down by da beach island boyeee's Avatar

what are you looking to have done? and which bike specifically?

08 Triumph Daytona 675, Jet Black w/ Gold
    dirty bike: 2015 KTM 250 XC-F

Another +1 for Riverside in Malden. Aka, Triumph Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    They quoted me over list for a Tiger 800. Yeah, right.

Great Bay was one of my best motorcycle(s) purchase's. Thank you Adam Kells! It's all moot now... They closed.

Jeff (GearHd6) are you happy with the bike?

The Dealership in Medford would have been great if I still lived in Medford. 2nd Wind is almost the same distance from Salisbury, but for me it's a pain in the ass to get to.
    Cycles 128 I dread with all my life :/

National power Sports is around 60 miles from me. I would go there if i were closer.

We all know Great Bay bent over backwards for you Kenn. The problem with them is that they needed to share that with all their customers not just a few. I was promised things that never happened. Like you said, no point worrying about it now.

I was happy with the bike, I've since gotten rid of it for a 15 Tiger XCx though. That purchase was much better thankfully.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jeff

Lifer

The problem with them is that they needed to share that with all their customers not just a few.
    I never wound up buying a Triumph from them, but I did shop. My experience was similar. This reminded me of my salty, curmudgeon opinion that all motorcycle dealers really are basically the same. Motorcycles are a niche toy market. Dealers make money on markup and margin, not volume. Getting you a "great deal" is rarely in their best interest. And I'm a DIY enthusiast. It isn't like I'm going to bring them a pile of maintenance, parts and accessory dollars post sale anyway.

In summary: I feel the same way. But I by no means blame them for this. I would not bend over backwards to give someone like me a deal either.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    //In summary: I feel the same way. But I by no means blame them for this. I would not bend over backwards to give someone like me a deal either.
    Bending over backwards is one thing. Being quoted higher than MSRP is quite another.

The market has voted.

I really had no issues with the price I paid, I paid full MSRP which I was fine with seeing it was a brand new model that people were waiting months for. I knew I had no bargaining power and really didn't care. It was everything else that went along with it that I had issues with. For one, that really irritated me was I was promised loaner bikes when I had mine in for service which was really a nice deal when living down in CT. I had plans of coming up with friends and family and dropping my bike off and being able to ride the area. Literally 3 weeks later when I needed the first service done I was told they sold all their loaner bikes. That was one of many issues.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Bending over backwards is one thing. Being quoted higher than MSRP is quite another.
    Might have been their polite way of saying "We'd rather you do business elsewhere."

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Good dealers are worth the trip. In recent years when I've owned Ducati, Triumph, Kawasaki, I have traveled 50 miles to my dealers, even though there are other "dealers" within 2-3 miles of my house.

And don't believe everything you think.

Bumping this thread for any updates on Triumph shops near the South Shore/RI. My striple is in need of a once over this year. I’m in Norton, so if the Pawtucket shop still gets approval of others, I’ll head that direction unless advised otherwise. Thanks!

Last edited by kimber; 04-23-18 at 05:34 PM.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by kimber View Post
    Bumping this thread for any updates on Triumph shops near the South Shore/RI. My striple is in need of a once over this year. I’m in Norton, so if the Pawtucket shop still gets approval of others, I’ll head that direction unless advised otherwise. Thanks,
    Is the Pawtucket shop still there? The only thing i know of in that area is Swansea Suzuki Triumph

I believe Suzuki-Triumph of Swansea is now....Suzuki of Swansea. They don't show up on the Triumph USA website as a dealer anymore. I thought I'd heard that Triumph gave the line to nearby Adrenaline Cycles, but that doesn't seem to have come true.

For me, it comes down to Mark's Motorsports, Green River, Cycles 128 or more likely Concord Triumph (National Powersports) of Pembroke NH. That's for parts only. I'm now doing any and all work myself with the factory service manual in hand.

2021 Triumph Street Triple R, Sapphire Black

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by SprintPoser View Post
    I believe Suzuki-Triumph of Swansea is now....Suzuki of Swansea. They don't show up on the Triumph USA website as a dealer anymore. I thought I'd heard that Triumph gave the line to nearby Adrenaline Cycles, but that doesn't seem to have come true.

For me, it comes down to Mark's Motorsports, Green River, Cycles 128 or more likely Concord Triumph (National Powersports) of Pembroke NH. That's for parts only. I'm now doing any and all work myself with the factory service manual in hand.
    Thanks for the info on Swansea. It saved me a trip. I can’t believe that Metro Boston cannot support a Triumph dealership.

Banned

Adrenaline does not have the Triumph franchise. Steve at Swansea triumph/Suzuki is still there, with a showroom full of Triumphs and he got parts for me very recently. I think he's looking to sell up and close/retire soon though.

Good to know. I'll call first, as that's the closest shop. Otherwise I'll figure out how to venture north for the other shops. I'd prefer to take it to Hamlin in Bethel, CT, but with the potential of magically disappearing antifreeze, I don't think I want a 3 hour ride to the shop.

So Second Wind is now National PowerSports. Good or Bad?

Lifer

So Second Wind is now National PowerSports. Good or Bad?
    I’m interested in hearing about this as well. I visited Second Wind several years ago when they were a BMW / Triumph dealer and had a great experience with some Triumph accessories and gear. The showroom was nice and the folks were very good. Had I lived closer, I could have easily made it my “go to” dealer.

I’ve also been to National Powersports a few times and while the selection is pretty big, it reminds me of Mom’s South except with higher prices. I recently asked them for a purchase quote on my VFR1200X and the response I got was, “How much do you want for it?” Which is neither what I expected nor a game I wanted to play. After a few rounds of email, I walked away without a quote.

I’ll repeat that I cannot believe the motorcycle industry is in such poor shape that Metro Boston cannot support a Triumph Dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    I’m interested in hearing about this as well. I visited Second Wind several years ago when they were a BMW / Triumph dealer and had a great experience with some Triumph accessories and gear. The showroom was nice and the folks were very good. Had I lived closer, I could have easily made it my “go to” dealer.

I’ve also been to National Powersports a few times and while the selection is pretty big, it reminds me of Mom’s South except with higher prices. I recently asked them for a purchase quote on my VFR1200X and the response I got was, “How much do you want for it?” Which is neither what I expected nor a game I wanted to play. After a few rounds of email, I walked away without a quote.

I’ll repeat that I cannot believe the motorcycle industry is in such poor shape that Metro Boston cannot support a Triumph Dealership.
    We still haven't fully recovered from the recession, and kids (millennials) are having trouble affording the things other generations didn't worry about

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post

It can: the problem is it’s Cycles 128. I’m like 1 for 8 there.

Lifer

It can: the problem is it’s Cycles 128. I’m like 1 for 8 there.
    Beverly is a hike if you live south of the city...

...and it’s a place that works hard to make you not want to come back.

Ironically we see plenty of commuters riding [mostly] Bonnevilles and Street Triples. Pretty big hole in the dealer map.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast