Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Reliable Triumph shop

Short bus rider

Re: Reliable Triumph shop

Not Riverside they’re now absolutely awful stay away. I’m being kind saying that too. Yes I know that they aren’t a Triumph dealership anymore. There’s a reason for that. Stay away from them for anything that they’re trying to sell you.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    ... I’ll repeat that I cannot believe the motorcycle industry is in such poor shape that Metro Boston cannot support a Triumph Dealership.
    Long time ago when I started out on bikes, there were lots of dealers in Boston and adjacent cities. 'Way back then the college crowd and other yutes all had or wanted bikes, not so much any more. The other thing IMO is the availability and cost of real estate in Boston and surrounds.

I travel 50 miles to Derry NH for my Ducati needs, and 50 miles to Milford NH for the Kawasaki.

Back to Triumph, though, does anyone have any experience with Green River Powersports? I stopped in there twice this summer to look at new Triumphs, maybe sit on some, maybe even talk to someone, got ignored both times, left.

Green River POWERSPORTS GREEN RIVER POWERSPORTS Gill, MA 413-863-4892

Last edited by whynot; 09-05-18 at 01:07 PM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

I work with a guy that used to work at Green River Powersports as a tech a few years ago. He said they'd frequently take customer vehicles out after closing and do burnouts with them just for the hell of it. He also said they flipped a customers SxS in the parking lot during business hours.

My buddy has a Tiger 800 and has had a hell of a time finding a good Triumph service department around southern NH. Green River scares him away, Second Wind was reopened but has a bunch of young noob techs and they've pulled a bunch of typical shady/obnoxious shit with him the last time he used them.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Lifer

Don’t laugh but I took my vfr to seacoast sport cycles for its big 16k service which included valve inspection. Ask them - I trust them to tell you if they are not comfortable with what you need done. I fully trust them as the best dealership around

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg

Triumphs have a lot of Japanese “stuff” (ECU, suspension, electrical) so it’s not far-fetched to think other dealers could work on them.

There used to be an independent shop in Dorchester but the guy retired. With real estate prices here, he probably made more selling out than staying in business.

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    I work with a guy that used to work at Green River Powersports as a tech a few years ago. He said they'd frequently take customer vehicles out after closing and do burnouts with them just for the hell of it. He also said they flipped a customers SxS in the parking lot during business hours.

My buddy has a Tiger 800 and has had a hell of a time finding a good Triumph service department around southern NH. Green River scares him away, Second Wind was reopened but has a bunch of young noob techs and they've pulled a bunch of typical shady/obnoxious shit with him the last time he used them.
    Green River Powersports: *YIKES*

The way I see it, I'd need a dealer for warranty on a new bike. After that, DIY as much as possible, sometimes with forum help. After that, I'd check with Seacoast (they have worked on my Kawasaki, my Buell, and my Street Triple R), and after that, I'd go to Nova Motorcycles in Turners Falls MA.
    Nova Motorcycles - Vintage Motorcycle Repair in Western MA. - Honda, Triumph, Harley, BMW...All makes, models, and years.

One reason I decided to keep my Ninja 1000 -- it's a great bike and it needs just routine maintenance that I can do myself. In other words, I'm pretty much saying dealer not needed after the warranty is up.

For a DIY new bike, I think I'd go Guzzi (again), either from Seacoast or from AJ
    AJ Cycles BMW MOTOGUZZI

Last edited by whynot; 09-06-18 at 11:13 AM.
    And don't believe everything you think.

Great Bay closing sucked for me. I used both National and Cycles once each so far. It's a rock and hard place. Getting to both without lifts back may as well be a million miles away.

At first I read that as "Great Bay Sucked" and I thought, yeah he's right! Then I read all the words....

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    At first I read that as "Great Bay Sucked" and I thought, yeah he's right! Then I read all the words....
    It's too bad you had such a heart felt terrible experien at Great Bay. I was told it wasn't just Great Bay. It takes two to experience a bad deal. With that said.
    I was treated like the Mayor.of Triumph town. We all have a story about a dealership deal.gone arai.
    You got a better deal elsewhere so...

They by far didn't get a bad deal from me. I paid full MSRP and went back and paid full price for my first service. They did me no favors and "gave" me nothing for free, they lost no money on me. Just the way everything was executed was horrible, things I was promised for buying long distance never happened which was a reason I bought from them to begin with. I'd have to say they planned on me never coming back so they promised me the world before the sale. Then when I actually came back for service work they thought, "oh crap". It's over with at this point. I'd say others weren't exactly thrilled with them seeing how it all turned out in the end.

And I won't say I got a better deal elsewhere, I just got a deal 35 minutes from home instead rather than 2 hours.

Jeff

I remember your story from past posts. You're right, it's over with now Jeff. Where's the dealer you go to, Norwich?

No, I've actually never been to the dealer in Norwich although I've heard good things about them. I'm actually closer to Marks in Enfield. I've bought one Tiger for myself and a Spyder for my wife from them. So far they've treated me pretty well but there's always room for improvement.

Jeff

When I move to Arizona there are 4. Tucson, which will be too far away. Closer there are 3 pretty close together. Peoria, Scottsdale and Mesa.

As far as up here, National would be my choice. Just gotta get the bike(s) up and back. Mike the tech is real good.

I'd love to have a dealer within minutes from my house. I really think I'd use them more for service and repairs but being so far away it's just inconvenient to drop things off. 35 minutes doesn't sound bad but that's over 2 hours wasted to get the bike to and from the dealer. So, I wind up doing 98% of the work myself.

Last edited by GearHd6; 09-08-18 at 07:32 AM.
    Jeff

And a Spyder isn't exactly mechanic friendly.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn157 View Post
    It's too bad you had such a heart felt terrible experien at Great Bay. I was told it wasn't just Great Bay. It takes two to experience a bad deal. With that said.
    I was treated like the Mayor.of Triumph town. We all have a story about a dealership deal.gone arai.
    You got a better deal elsewhere so...
    When I went up there to test ride a Tiger 800, I even mentioned you as a referral. They then quoted me over MSRP. Didn’t really care as the 800 was underwhelming but never went back. So you got great deals from them, as you mentioned frequently. However they vanished for good reason.

The Salem MA dealer was great for me as I could take the commuter rail. He told me Triumph USA was pressuring him to upgrade the property and add more inventory. In fairness, the front of the building looked rough. Don’t know whether he told them to F off or they made him walk the plank, but he sold out to Cycles 128. I’ll turn the T1050 into a yard planter before they get their meat hooks on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123