Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Repacking

Repacking

I started this project on my Honda 919 (dual undertail) because I was ordering a new mount from Two Brothers and figured I might as well repack while I have the cans off since it's been a million miles and it should be easy. Now I'm pissed at myself because the packing wasn't that bad and putting these things back together is driving me insane. I had to take off both ends because the baffle was stuck and just getting the rewrapped baffles in and one end on has got me pulling my hair out.

One can just needs the tip installed but the baffle is off center just enough where I can't seem to get it. The other one's baffle is off center too but I couldn't even get it into the first end!

Any tips? Anyone who wants to finish it up for beer/monies? I'd hate to miss the end of the riding season because I'm a dope.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Repacking

I usually line up and rivet one end before I fill with packing. Use a dowel or similar to pack the packing in. Much easier when there's only one end to line up.
    YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    I usually line up and rivet one end before I fill with packing. Use a dowel or similar to pack the packing in. Much easier when there's only one end to line up.
    YMMV.
    If I had loose packing it would probably be OK. I have sheets of thick glass from 2bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimedog View Post
    I have sheets of thick glass from 2bros.