Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Repair or Casting a part?

Repair or Casting a part?

In rebuilding some carbs on my SV650, the two-into-one cable combiner for the choke was broken. Rummaging thru some stuff I had when repairing a hot tub a while ago, I bought this stuff on-line called Plast-Aid. Yes, its kinda like an epoxy but you can actually cast a part from it! So, since the cost of replacing the cable/choke assembly is probably beyond reason, I held the two cables in position with a tie-wrap, mixed the powder and liquid(hardener) and applied it. It takes 10-15 minutes to cure and it looks like it should hold well. Once hardened it can be filed, sanded etc and its pretty solid stuff. Some pictures attached. I left the tie-wrap on it for some additional rigidity, maybe not needed but extra support won't hurt!

Repair or Casting a part?-step1-jpgRepair or Casting a part?-step2-jpgRepair or Casting a part?-plastaid-jpg

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by on2wheels.rus; 04-15-20 at 02:04 PM.