Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need to repair CCT on 02' F4i

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7
    im doing my cct's on my sv...the front ones not bad...but the rear one is a serious pita to get to.

things required to move:

tank
    airbox
    my carbs are out anyway, but im not sure if they have to be
    right rearset

oh, and you need a cct tool. and new gaskets. plus a new cct if you need it.

hence why it costs a bit of money to do...
    Make the cctl unwinder tool out of sheet metal (thin). Cut it with a pair of tinsnips. I have one already made I can mail you ( I have 3 or 4 actually, it's the same as the f4i one).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Need to repair CCT on 02' F4i

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Make the cctl unwinder tool out of sheet metal (thin). Cut it with a pair of tinsnips. I have one already made I can mail you ( I have 3 or 4 actually, it's the same as the f4i one).
    hmm. i would really appreciate that...but i dont want to pay for it.

joking aside, thanks for the idea, i hadnt thought of that. i'll make one at work tonight, i have access to a machine shop and materials.

if i fail, i'll pm ya for the tool. thanks!

Last edited by darkduc7; 11-19-10 at 09:32 AM.
    CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7

hmm. i would really appreciate that...but i dont want to pay for it.

joking aside, thanks for the idea, i hadnt thought of that. i'll make one at work tonight, i have access to a machine shop and materials.

if i fail, i'll pm ya for the tool. thanks!
    Yep! They are easy to make. Dimensions are in the service manual.

Plenty of folks try to strong arm prices down in this economy. Luckily, we have enough work to fend it off and maintain quality at a price that makes it worth our while to do the job. There are shops I guess that will do jobs very cheaply of course.

I still don't believe Seacoast would do that job for $150, not with the reputation for quality that they have.

If you consider me saying "thanks anyways" strong-arming then I get what you are saying. Otherwise...I dont.

Just to put this whole thing to bed, I am not going to pay $200. By me PMing you saying thanks anyways, I wasn't inferring you were trying to rip me off. It was simply a thanks for your time. Period.

I still don't understand why immediately after I pmed you, you posted in this forum. But maybe I caught you on a bad day.

I changed the CCT on my GS in about 20 mins, get a GS, problem solved.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kazspeed

Plenty of folks try to strong arm prices down in this economy. Luckily, we have enough work to fend it off and maintain quality at a price that makes it worth our while to do the job. There are shops I guess that will do jobs very cheaply of course.

I still don't believe Seacoast would do that job for $150, not with the reputation for quality that they have.

If you consider me saying "thanks anyways" strong-arming then I get what you are saying. Otherwise...I dont.

Just to put this whole thing to bed, I am not going to pay $200. By me PMing you saying thanks anyways, I wasn't inferring you were trying to rip me off. It was simply a thanks for your time. Period.

I still don't understand why immediately after I pmed you, you posted in this forum. But maybe I caught you on a bad day.
    Maybe I misinterpreted your words. If so, I apologize. It just seemed a bit heavy handed to me. Bottom line, cheap is not always good. Goo luck with the cctl swap. Fwiw you should do it yourself and learn about your bike, especially if you plan on keeping it a while.

Maybe I misinterpreted your words. If so, I apologize. It just seemed a bit heavy handed to me. Bottom line, cheap is not always good. Goo luck with the cctl swap. Fwiw you should do it yourself and learn about your bike, especially if you plan on keeping it a while.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by kazspeed View Post
    Just got a quote from Cycles 128, $135 for everything.

So this begs the question, why are you charging $200????

this is the post where you called out bomo, like they were trying to rip you off.

before that, everything was fine.

its one thing to shop around, but dont try to smear someone like they are out to get you. if you dont like it, move on.

but, you guys have worked it out. cool

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7 View Post
    this is the post where you called out bomo, like they were trying to rip you off.

before that, everything was fine.

its one thing to shop around, but dont try to smear someone like they are out to get you. if you dont like it, move on.

but, you guys have worked it out. cool

Water under the bridge, cant you see we hugged and made up? At this point your post is .

Back to the discussion though, Im thinking I might take Degsy's advice and try to do it myself. If I mess it up ill put my tail between my legs and shell out the dough.

Super-Dooper User ɹǝʍoןandɹǝʍoן's Avatar

I still stick by make your own, its about $5 + your time and I bet there are is at least 1 good "how-to" somewhere on the internet. But your time may be invaluable...

Banned

Not to beat this to death but I was just in Bettencourt's Honda (great shop) and asked how much for a cctl install on an f4i. Significantly higher than $200 for labor alone, quite a bit over $300 in fact.

Honda's rate for a cctl swap on warranty is 2.5hrs labor.

Not to beat this to death but I was just in Bettencourt's Honda (great shop) and asked how much for a cctl install on an f4i. Significantly higher than $200 for labor alone, quite a bit over $300 in fact.

Honda's rate for a cctl swap on warranty is 2.5hrs labor.

200 = screwed
    300 = raped

I wouldn't want either.

Its not like a 600rr where its 2 bolts and your good to go, f4i placement of the CCT is really inconvenient, its alot of time jut to get to it, the actual job itself isn't bad its just very time consuming.

Kaz just stop, your digging a hole that doesn't need to be dug.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    Its not like a 600rr where its 2 bolts and your good to go, f4i placement of the CCT is really inconvenient, its alot of time jut to get to it, the actual job itself isn't bad its just very time consuming.

Kaz just stop, your digging a hole that doesn't need to be dug.

I think the topic has been beat to death. I have my point of view, you have yours. Thats what makes the world go round.

Last edited by kazspeed; 11-19-10 at 03:53 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hey dark, you get those ccts installed? I think the first time I did it I removed the bottom bolts of the subframe and swung it up.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hey dark, you get those ccts installed? I think the first time I did it I removed the bottom bolts of the subframe and swung it up.
    i had to order the cct gaskets from my local dealer, which took like 2 weeks surprisingly. now that i have them, i'll prob attempt the intstall the next day off i get.

the cam swap was real easy with the tutorial from the barf forum. thanks for the tips

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12