Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Put The Bike Away Today....

Put The Bike Away Today....

Today was awesome and sad at the same time. I took my R6 out for one of her last street rides, but got to try out my new gear(Violator suit, Handroid gloves). The suit is still a little tight, but once broken in it will be perfect. Gloves are awesome. The ride was phenomenal, and I got to practice my launches on a nice abandoned street out in the state forest. After the ride I filled the tank w/stabilized gas, ran her for a few, and disconnected the batt. That was enough to get me pumped for next April, but then I had the ultimate, and ultimately funny experience of running in to an old buddy/co-worker named Gary Staas. The dude is a riot, and just happens to have raced all thru the 80's and 90's all over the place w/some legends. We were talking about racing and the dude was right on, offering all kinds of good advice and all the while making motorcycle noises and air-racing in the Benny's parking lot! People were looking at us like we were crazy, it was awesome. I might have talked him into coming back to Loudon next year for a few races. But the highlight of his ranting was when he told me, "dude, I raced Loudon in the snow, with slicks!" All I could think of was you guys here at NESR. He also told stories of sliding both tires, going around corners on the front wheel, etc, etc... . It was awesome. But with all the wild stories there was some awesome info, and advice on tires, suspension, using gp shift vs. standard, and all that. Hopefully we'll see the return of one of roadracing's funniest characters!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Re: Put The Bike Away Today....

Getting ready to do the same in the next week or so. Frozen puddles in my driveway this morning are signs of the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Talus View Post
    Getting ready to do the same in the next week or so. Frozen puddles in my driveway this morning are signs of the end of the season.
    Same here. I saw the frozen water at the bottom of the driveway and though "another week or two..."

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

How many people did you lap before you put it away?

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by 07BladeRider View Post
    How many people did you lap before you put it away?
    Heh, the only other maniac out on a bike today was some dude on a BMW adventure bike w/heated grips and shit. Pretty lonely ride, but still fun.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

I am getting ready to store mine this weekend. Fill her up with stabilized gas and then store it.
    I was talking with an old co-worker that used to race ducati's (possibly in loudon) claiming the front tire was sliding.