Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Removing fluid from bike for long storage HELP???

Removing fluid from bike for long storage HELP???

So seeing I am going to be away for about 6 months I want to get all the gas out of my bike so it does not gum up. I am actually thinking about removing all the fluids besides the brake and blinker fluid.

Is it wise to take this approach: Remove Gas tank from equation as I will drain it from the main line into a gas can. Then run the bike until she runs out of gas.. Sounds like a bad idea? But is it actually bad for the bike?

I did this to my snow blower last year and it started up perfectly this winter right off the bat with fresh gas.

It's a fuel injected bike so I dont have a carberator to worry about.

Bike will be up on it's stands off the rubber so I will not get any flat spots even though I will not be keeping the tires that are on it long.

I will also be taking the battery out completely and storing it in my basement up on a nice dry rack so that will stay fresh. When I get home I will put it on my trickle charger for a few days until I can ride her again.

Any other idea's?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Re: Removing fluid from bike for long storage HELP???

I'm no expert, but I'd say fill it with a fresh tank and stabalize it. Same shit with the oil, new to the brim is better than empty. New oil sits fine in a container, why not in a bike?

I don't think its good for the tubing and shit to stay dry as it can crack.

Stabalized gas is CLAIMED to be good up to a year.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Due to barometric and temperature changes the tank breaths and sucks in moisture
    Then it will rust.... so tank full is better if your worried about old gas put it in your car or whatever when you come back

Fogging oil spray in top end, add 2 oz into topped of gas, add 2 to 3 oz into brandy new fresh oil and filter.

battery without keeper will be dead dead this Parrot is demised unless somebody can throw a charge on it like at the 3 month mark

Overpressure tires by 10 psi keeps them round...

If you inclined you may think brake fluid fresh... end of period just suck out the resevoir with a turkey baster then top off with fresh.

Get course steel wool and block intakes if you have and exhaust keep out critters. If its a busy area lean a sheet of plywood against it as an impact barrier. or carbonite

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Banned

Tank full, stabilized. Put as much oil in the crankcase as you can get in there (cheap crap oil). She'll be fine, it's a Honda!!

Make sure you get the ethanol approved Stabilizer. Any marine store will sell it. Fillt he tank, add stabilizer run it up to temp to get it worked through the fuel system. Pull the battery, give it a full charge and put it in a wrmish place not on concrete.

Viola' done deal.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Great info guys thanks. Looks like the new ride will have to sit for about 6 months before I will get to ride her..

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Ok Mike heres the deal , you can trust your bike ta me. I will take care of it for ya. Just drop it buy.

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.