Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Turn Signal integrator

Turn Signal integrator

I just put an integrator for the turn/brake lights on my CBR. All works fine except when I put the brake on the flasher speeds up to an annoying speed. I think others have had this problem before. What do I need to do to fix it??
    Steve

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '04 600RR

Banned

Turn Signal integrator

That's a "feature" they like to claim is there deliberately.

The truth of the matter is that when you put the brake on, the resistance in the circuit changes and the flasher unit changes frequency accordingly. It is like having a bulb out on a car blinker, the other one will flash faster because the resistance in the circuit has gone up. You need to put a resistor in the circuit between the brake light bulb and the integrator box. The value? I don't know. Buy a pack of resistors and see what happens with different ones in the circuit. Ed (pinhead) is the resident sparky so he should be able to help on this one.

Degs

Banned

Turn Signal integrator

Actually, thinking about this even more, I am not sure it is curable. The signal works off the same filament of the bulb as the brake light, so you are screwed if you add resistance as BOTH signal and brake circuits will have higher resistance causing BOTH functions to slow down the rate of flashing. It's a catch 22 unless you get triple filament bulbs and wire each function to a different filament. ...

I think.

BTW, My RC51 has the same problem but it doesn't bother me. My RC51 also cuts power to the coils when I hit the horn button, but that's a different story I never figured out the answer to.

degs

Lightbulb Turn Signal integrator

The problem can be cured using 12volt relays. That is how I did it on my TLR. If you need help holla.

Turn Signal integrator

OK alfred, let me know what you did, and I will try it. Otherwise everyone who ever follows me will have to deal with it!!!

'04 600RR