Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

slightly used stock front wheel/rotors install problem

slightly used stock front wheel/rotors install problem

I have stock original front wheel/rotors that I swap with another factory front stock wheel/rotors setup(bought used and barely used). The problem is when I go to put on my spare wheel, my calipers won't fit on the rotors unless I compress the pistons into the calipers. Whats happening is I'll slide the caliper onto the disk and the caliper would then need to be brought outward away from the wheel in order to slip onto the mounting points. Basically, the inner pistons would need to be compressed in order for the caliper to slip on. You know that noise sintered pads make? Well, I hear that while riding now without applying the brakes. Could this be that the rotors that came with my wheels are not as worn as my originals? We're only talking a year old here. It seems the rotors are a few mm's outward from the center of the wheel than my original stock ones.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

Re: slightly used stock front wheel/rotors install problem

make sure you have your spacers on the proper sides. I recently swapped out my rear and swapped the spacers on each side by accident. Same thing was happening to my caliper...

2002 RC51
    -Aluminum undertail, custom GP Can and mid-pipe, Jardine 2-1 Header, PC3, EBC Wave Rotors (F&R), CRG's, Goodridge SS Lines, Greggs, Black w/ Flattening and some carbon goodies

USMC - Semper Fi
    POW/MIA - Not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by loridin64 View Post
    make sure you have your spacers on the proper sides. I recently swapped out my rear and swapped the spacers on each side by accident. Same thing was happening to my caliper...
    Yep, checked that.

Jay
    2013 gixxer 750
    2009 Ducati M1100s
    2017 KTM exc-f 350

are there spacers behind the rotors as well? You mentioned that they are a few mm's outward. I wouldnt think that a few mm's would make that much of a difference with all the play that the calipers have.
    is it a contant noise? could the calipers be bent or just not mounted straight?

2002 RC51
    -Aluminum undertail, custom GP Can and mid-pipe, Jardine 2-1 Header, PC3, EBC Wave Rotors (F&R), CRG's, Goodridge SS Lines, Greggs, Black w/ Flattening and some carbon goodies

USMC - Semper Fi
    POW/MIA - Not Forgotten