Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Speaking of Tires...

Speaking of Tires...

One of THE most important things you can do to preserve your tires is to religiously monitor your pressure....

I go by what the tire manufacturer says, but I also use what the owner's manual suggests as a general guideline when carrying a passenger, pullin' luggage, riding hard, etc....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Speaking of Tires...

Stoneman,

Right on!

By the way, do you own a foot pump or other powerful tire inflation device that you keep at home so that you can monitor - and adjust - your tire pressure at will?

If so, what kind is it, and where did you get it (how much)? I'm looking for something like this as I hate carrying a pressure gauge, and dicking around at a service station, etc...

cRa1g
    2000 YZF-R1
    1999 Ducati 996 S
    1999 YZF-R6 (race)

Speaking of Tires...

I don't have anything at this moment. I carry a gauge with me almost always, and I *DO* dick around at a service station when needed...

I just find it fuckin' rediculous that they charge you a buck for air!!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Speaking of Tires...

Stoneman,

I hear you. I have picked out a particular Texaco station that has an air hose (and a real "service station" garage section - remember those?

Anyway, tney are about 3 miles from my house, and before I go over there now I measure the tire pressure (while they are cold - before running). This will tell me how much below I am - if any.

Then, I'll go over to that station and take another reading. After that, I put in the difference between what I read when they were cold, and what they should be (using the warm pressure number as a starting point), and then I'm all set. I've made pals with the guys who run the place, and I actually look forward to going over and "airing up" now - not that often thankfully.

cRa1g
    2000 YZF-R1
    1999 Ducati 996 S
    1999 YZF-R6 (race)