Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

superhawk is superf'ed

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

superhawk is superf'ed

i brought my bike into the dealer yesterday for service and today they are comming back at me saying it needs new brakes front and rear, new rear tire, new chain and front sproket. cost=$828.00. is this a fair price? i have little mechanical experience with bikes and no tools or a place to work on it. anyone have a hook up for this stuff? $828 is a good chunk of change. the dealer is cycles 128 where i bought the bike and i go there because i have a warantee on the engine but none of this is covered. any help? ideas?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: superhawk is superf'ed

PM sent.

holy poop...but the stuff online and pay someone in pizza and beer to install them...

bettter yet..junk it..time for a new bike..i'll give you $1500

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    holy poop...but the stuff online and pay someone in pizza and beer to install them...

bettter yet..junk it..time for a new bike..i'll give you $1500
    can't dump her it is a love hate relationship. more love than hate. when she is dialed in there is nothing else like it!

Quote Originally Posted by REDVTR1000 View Post
    can't dump her it is a love hate relationship. more love than hate. when she is dialed in there is nothing else like it!
    hehe..i hear ya, just kidding...but seriously that sounds like $400(high est.) in parts and nothing they list is that hard to replace...maybe degs or someone will hook you up.

ps - if you are replacing the frt sprocket and chain you should do the rear sprocket as well and probably find a package deal and save a couple bucks

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    hehe..i hear ya, just kidding...but seriously that sounds like $400(high est.) in parts and nothing they list is that hard to replace...maybe degs or someone will hook you up.

ps - if you are replacing the frt sprocket and chain you should do the rear sprocket as well and probably find a package deal and save a couple bucks
    yea i have to do the rear tire anyways so if it is off the bike i would like to change the rear sprocket as well

You can do that work yourself easily. And just have someone on here hook you up with a tire mounting.

Shop for some tires. Chain and sprockets are cheap money and easy to install, expecially the front sprocket.

If you need some help there are plenty of people in the area willing to help im sure, myself included.

There was one guy on here doing tires for cheap money in waltham. Only a 10-15 or so minute drive for you.

- TJ

Masshole transplant smack doogle's Avatar

When I got my SH I did the chain/sprockets myself in the garage. Super easy. If I didn't have duty the next two weekends I'd have you come over. We could easily knock all that stuff out in a day minus the rear tire. I don't have the tire tools but everything else is easy. I'm sure someone on here can help out for a lot less than $800 +
    Cycles 128 must use super unobtanium sprockets for the SH because of its torque

98 T509
    92 GSF400 (sold)
    2002 VFR (sold)
    2004 Buell XB12S (sold)
    2001 SuperHawk (totalled)
    1995 FZR (sold)
    2005 Z750S (sold)
    2003 SV650S (sold)

Here we go.. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...g-waltham.html

there is the link for the tire changing.

There may even be someone on the boards that can help you out with a discount on tires. Ask around a bit, It can't hurt to ask.

And as for the rest of the stuff, Check online for sprocket/chain kits. They are pretty cheap compared to what you would be spending for getting them from a dealer.

I'm only about 20 minutes from Burlington if you need a hand with any of the stuff.

- TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Here we go.. http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...g-waltham.html

there is the link for the tire changing.

There may even be someone on the boards that can help you out with a discount on tires. Ask around a bit, It can't hurt to ask.

And as for the rest of the stuff, Check online for sprocket/chain kits. They are pretty cheap compared to what you would be spending for getting them from a dealer.

I'm only about 20 minutes from Burlington if you need a hand with any of the stuff.
    thanks guys. trickphoto has offered to help me out being a former superhawk owner and i am looking for parts right now.