Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Suspension changes due to changing tires?

Lifer

Just curious, I know a lot of people have run Diablo Corsas so maybe someone can give me some feedback.

I was running Bridgestone BT020 sport touring tires, they had a very hard carcass. I had my suspension set up pretty well for them. I was running 34/38psi up to 36/42psi depending on conditions.

I just got Pirelli Diablo Corsas, I have been running around with them at 33/36psi as I usually had used that as a starting point for stickier tires. They are noticeably softer and more flexible. (Comparing them when both sets were not mounted on the rims)

The tires have a lot more grip but the bike feels like it is getting upset and wallowing a bit. I am reluctant to increase the preload in the front, no way I am doing it in the rear. (I have a 7 position preload in the rear, it is at 5 right now) I am also really light right now relative to when I set the bike up. (Only about 170lbs right now)

I gave the shock damper adjustment 1/4 turn towards the hard side when I got to work this morning... We'll see if that helps.

Any advice?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The only advice I've heard I'll pass along:

put rim w.tire mounted up against the wall and mark the height, then put the new rubber on and do the same.

Then you lower or raise your bike stance according to the difference.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486