Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Tables

Tables

What's the general consensus on the Chinese harbor freight tables? I don't trust them to hold overnight. Are there better ones for a few dollars more?

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ift-68892.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Tables

maybe for dirtbikes, not the 950lb monster they show on it, I'd look for 1500lb rating, minimum, but that's just me

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

Had one when I had a huge Triumph Rocket III tourer and need bot wheels off at once.

Not confidence inspiring...

what I have, is not a table, but it is unbelievably stable, I bought mine from Rokon at an employee discount (a friend of mine retired from there) They use these as a manufacturing platform to assemble & weld. https://us.on-bike.com/

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Lifer

It's true, mine won't hold shit

Tables-img_5743-jpg

Harley Road King. Spec says about 800 lbs

The one I had held my bikes fine. For days/weeks/months when I was tearing in to them working on them.

Just my 916 and 7R though, not a big cruiser

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

My harbor freight table as been great. Holds my HD Road King without issue but I do have one of the early ones.
    Have heard story's about the frame bending under the bar location on some of the newer ones? Not sure about the truth on that? I don't leave the table up over night with the Harley on it but that's just me being a tad paranode.

hmmmmm

https://youtu.be/ZIZDHY9WWvs?t=820

I've had worse ideas.

There are better lift tables out there and if I had the cash I would buy one with an hydraulic air pump, but for the price these are pretty good. It does take more then a few pumps to raise the table... I have also ditched the front clamp and mounted a removeable wheel chalk, plus added eye hooks to the front of the table. The four corners of the table are sharp so either grid them down or put something over them... https://www.c-f-c.com/motorcycle-lift-table/

Last edited by MUZ720; 01-24-21 at 08:03 AM.

Lifer

I do not have air in my garage, so pneumatic was/is of no interest.

This is similar to the scissor jack I use. Works well with everything from the dirt bike to the Harley. Guy in that video needs that. I'd be interested to see if he could "fabricate" something for less.

My biggest beef with the lift is as MUZ says; the edges are sharp and the lip at the edge of the table is turned up. The upside of the lip is that it holds tools and parts that roll.
    The wheel chock is a little flimsy. But it does the deed. Tie-downs are mandatory. Pro shop lifts with better chocks are probably better in this way.

Overall I'd buy the lift again in a heartbeat. I wish I'd bought it years ago. I'd leave a bike on it indefinitely if the safety bars are engaged. And if you aren't using the safety bars you are doing it wrong.

For crazy heavy bikes without a lot of ground clearance (like my Harley) the "ATV lift" style jacks are probably a better option. They don't lift as high and you don't have the table for parts and tools. But they make it easier to get a pan under the various drains. And tire/wheel service is just about as easy.

For lighter bikes the HF table is the way to go. Spend more if you really want to, but these are good enough for us home-gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I do not have air in my garage, so pneumatic was/is of no interest.

This is similar to the scissor jack I use. Works well with everything from the dirt bike to the Harley. Guy in that video needs that. I'd be interested to see if he could "fabricate" something for less.

My biggest beef with the lift is as MUZ says; the edges are sharp and the lip at the edge of the table is turned up. The upside of the lip is that it holds tools and parts that roll.
    The wheel chock is a little flimsy. But it does the deed. Tie-downs are mandatory. Pro shop lifts with better chocks are probably better in this way.

Overall I'd buy the lift again in a heartbeat. I wish I'd bought it years ago. I'd leave a bike on it indefinitely if the safety bars are engaged. And if you aren't using the safety bars you are doing it wrong.

For crazy heavy bikes without a lot of ground clearance (like my Harley) the "ATV lift" style jacks are probably a better option. They don't lift as high and you don't have the table for parts and tools. But they make it easier to get a pan under the various drains. And tire/wheel service is just about as easy.

For lighter bikes the HF table is the way to go. Spend more if you really want to, but these are good enough for us home-gamers.

I'm honestly sold on the HF, just waiting for a good coupon. In the meantime, I'm trying to talk myself into a better table. Used tables are very hard to find, and for $300.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    I'm honestly sold on the HF, just waiting for a good coupon.
    You check here? https://www.hfqpdb.com/

Also, if you search around on the internet, there’s a ton of posts where guys recessed them into their garage floors so they can still park a car over it.

Last edited by MattR302; 01-24-21 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    You check here? https://www.hfqpdb.com/

Also, if you search around on the internet, there’s a ton of posts where guys recessed them into their garage floors so they can still park a car over it.
    I'm going to keep it as a rolling workbench. I have a bin of high quality roller wheels that might help it roll around, but I'm not sure until I get one.

$300 table w/coupon, long ago so its due for a slash:

https://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/113_1...880043.609.jpg

Last edited by PurplePackage; 01-24-21 at 12:15 PM.

Lifer

I wonder if$300 is reasonable to expect nowadays. I think I bought mine for $325 or $350. Somewhere in that range.
    Based on the price history on that site I think I would buy at $350. That said, my lack of patience is infamous and has probably cost me money over the years

for the price the HF one plus one of their 20% coupons makes it a no brainer unless you want to spend 4x that on one of the good brands. I haven't had mine long but it seems solid.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    for the price the HF one plus one of their 20% coupons makes it a no brainer unless you want to spend 4x that on one of the good brands. I haven't had mine long but it seems solid.
    Its a no-brainer @ 20% off, agreed.
    I'm waiting a few weeks just because I'm stubborn and want to make sure a better used one doesn't turn up on craigslist for 500 or so.

Wife bought me one a few years ago. Works well for the 636. Always careful when lowering it as it seems to go down FAST.

rides bikes

Love them. I bought mine used ~10 years ago and it has had a Sportster on it for like 6 months. It has a bike on it about 99% of the time. I also bought about 10 of them to use in a commercial environment.

I have heard that the pistons leak, but I've never had an issue. I use the bar to hold the weight for extended periods. If you're going up and down a ton you'll get a leg workout. People also complain about the wheel vices. I think they're fine as long as you're using straps or a rear stand, but it's not gonna hold your bike up for even a few seconds.

It's nice to have a quality lift!

Jeff

Sit Rep: Its been a month with this thing.. I've seen better paintjobs on farming equipment, the welds look like they were done by a 16 year old, and the overall QC whispers "we make good":

Swap the wheel chock for the MaxxHaul 70075 (or the HF knockoff). Holds bikes 10x better.
    Use a canyon dancer strap. Makes it a 3 minute job to load a bike, and 1 of those minutes is foot pumping.
    Get a camping lamp pole to hold your bottle fuel tank, works fantastic.

Overall the table is exactly what I expected and gets 2 thumbs up.

Tables-pxl_20210403_064801894-jpg