Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tire Recommendation Needed: Ducati 848 for commuter (100 miles round trip per day)

Re: Tire Recommendation Needed: Ducati 848 for commuter (100 miles round trip per day

Quote Originally Posted by OneCheekRider View Post
    I've found the Bridgestone T30 and now T31s to cost less and wear longer than the Pilot Roads at the expense of a bit of wet weather performance. I actually prefer the dry performance of the Bridgestones over the Michelins as they provide a bit more feedback to me (stiffer sidewall) but they are very comparable. There's usually a Bridgestone rebate, too.
    I put a set of sport touring Bridgestones on for Gabe on born a couple years ago. What a pita those were with the stiff sidewall. Kind of similar to mounting a low profile car tire.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Re: Tire Recommendation Needed: Ducati 848 for commuter (100 miles round trip per day

Yup, I mounted my T31's back in November. It is a bit more difficult comparatively but worth it for the price and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You can when the tires from other brands last twice as long.
    What brand of tire would give me 10,000 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by tbonehedge View Post
    What brand of tire would give me 10,000 miles?
    I have about 7k (actually maybe closer to 6k now that I think about it, but around there) on my Road 4's with no need to replace anytime soon, and I tend to ride like an asshole.

Last edited by RyanNicholson; 04-23-19 at 10:10 AM.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

just go to the dark side! I'm thinking about it!

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

I ordered some Michelin Road 5s from Revzilla using their Price Match guarantee and having them shipped to csmutty! Hopefully get them installed right away. Thanks for all the recommendations guys.

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Anyone have any comparison figures on average mileage from say a Pilot Power(2ct/3) VS Road(4/5) or Pirelli Angel GT VS Diablo?? Are we talking 25%, 50% or 100% better wear rates? Pilot VS Road, Road is about $100 more set, with the Pirellis it's closer, the Angel GT is only $30 more / GT2 about $75 more than Diablo 3.

From reviews i'm seeing a wide range on the Road 5, from 6k to 12-14k(obviously bike/riding style dependent), also seeing a lot of people saying the front tire wears much quicker, cupping/ragged edges. Just wondering what the local NESRians experiences have been.

About to pick up a new set, have had really good luck with Pilot Power 2CT and at $240 a set pretty good deal, just wondering if it's worth the $$$ to switch
    I did a lot of commuter type of miles on a set of Pilot Road 2s and got 18,000 miles out of them on my SV650. It took about 10,000 before the center of the rear tire was worn noticeably flat and I wore front and rear down to the wear bars in the center at the same time. I then switched to Pilot Power 3s and have consistently 11-12,000 miles per set (I'm pretty sure I'm on my third set at this point). 6,000 miles to a flat spot in the center of the rear tire. Again, both tires wear out the same for me.

Last edited by golden chicken; 04-23-19 at 07:21 PM.
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

I checked the mileage I got on my PR3's (trail version in back so softer). 10k miles on the dot before the center was worn enough to justify changing it.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Avon GT on my FJR1300 like them a lot

As far as tire change goes, i go to christoper`s in bridgewater,ma.Found him on a thread on this site a while back. 25 bucks if you bring the tire. Last time he has a nice sale on Q3 PLus so i got a pair and with 60 dollar mail in rebate . i paid for tires ,mount and balance for the sv650- 170 bucks. On the fjr i got the tire online but next time plan to call first to see what he can do.

If you bring the rims and tire, he will do it while you wait and even on saturday and sunday. this cannot be beat i think.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by satz; 05-20-19 at 12:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12