Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Track/ race wiring

Track/ race wiring

Hi All,

I have an old Slabby I'm building for a track bike. I'm looking for a simple track wiring diagram. I'm planning to run a dyna 2000 ignition with dyna coils. Would like to eliminate the key and just go push button start and kill switch. Also need to run a tach but that's about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Craig

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Track/ racce wiring

Find a stock wiring diagram it will make eliminating things easier.
    no need for lights, signals, high low beam, kick stand switch.
    wiring for the key needs to stay just add a Toggle switch.
    speedo can be jettisoned. oil, neutral light stays. kill switch stays starter button stays. Cut nothing! pull all stock street stuff at the connectors.

Thanks for the response. I did locate a stock diagram. My stock wiring harness is in tough shape with a lot of cuts and splices. Just debating to see if I can locate a better harness or just start from scratch. Finding decent parts reasonably priced for these old bikes is getting tough.

yes, parts are getting scarce. if you have the diagram, you should be able to figure out what's what. but understand the hassle.
    Edit: your handle and me living in Ducati land had me looking the wrong harness...

Last edited by MUZ720; 02-17-23 at 09:46 AM. Reason: wrong link

ha ha. Yes I am a Duc guy but sadly sold my 998 a few years ago. Have a Multi now which I really love but it's not ideal for track days. My nephew had this old gixxer kicking around and pretty much gave it to me. Thought it would make a fun track day bike for pretty short money although I have done quite a bit to it and the $ is adding up lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Track/ race wiring-20201018_112419-jpg  

Builds are never as cheap as you would think, but once down that rabbit whole there's no turning back. looks close.

You've got that right. Yeah getting close. My biggest issue is the tank, looks pretty good in the picture but the bottom is rotted out. Trying to locate a tank that is in decent shape for less than what the entire bike is worth is damn near impossible.

you might need to find another parts bike to get the parts you're looking for. I am working on a Triumph 955i I spend a lot of time sourcing parts.

Started down the parts bike road a couple of times but ran into the same issue. Most of the tanks are junk. A decent tank and wiring harness are really the only things I need (for right now).

How's the availability on the Triumph? I'm guessing that's a bit of a pain too.

Found a dealer out in Cali selling OEM parts with a parts phish so that's been helpful, but his supply is slowly going away. Body work is hard to find and would like to make this bike look better. the bikes has a cult following across the pond so that's been very helpful also.

What year is your slabby? or was 85 the only year?

it's an '86. First year in the US. They were made from '85 to '87