Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Triumph Dealer Tool 2013+

Lightbulb Triumph Dealer Tool 2013+

This is my first triumph. (2013 Speed Triple R)
    Riding to work yesterday and @ 6,600 miles the little service wrench came on. Is this just a service reminder for valve clearance or something gone wrong. With the ecu locked down I can't just use ant ODB cable. So before I go out and buy the dealer tool. Does anyone have it?
    Dealer Tool

Im on my 3rd heat cycle when I leave work today. Some people say if you run the bike through 3 heat cycles it might fix it.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Triumph Dealer Tool 2013+

Wrench icon at 6600 miles is just the service reminder. I believe you can reset it with TuneECU for Android and a Bluetooth ELM327 version 1.4 or 1.5 adapter.

I have used this combination on my 2012 Speed Triple R and my friend's 2011 Speed Triple.

I also have a cable that works on my 2012 for other stuff like reading and changing fuel maps, but I think you need to use Bluetooth to reset the service interval with TuneECU.

The TuneECU website seems to indicate that it will work up to 2014 at least.

If you want to meet up I can let you use my phone and adapter(s), but please verify that it shouldn't brick your ecu first. I live in Portsmouth, NH but I can take a ride south or I should be at the Seacoast motonight on Wednesday this week.

The dealertool may give you some additional functions if you decide to go that route. I don't think you have an option to set when the wrench icon will reappear with TuneECU. It is just 6000 miles. With the dealertool I think you can choose the number. In addition to some other stuff that is not available with TuneECU that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by RDaytona400 View Post
    Wrench icon at 6600 miles is just the service reminder. I believe you can reset it with TuneECU for Android and a Bluetooth ELM327 version 1.4 or 1.5 adapter.

I have used this combination on my 2012 Speed Triple R and my friend's 2011 Speed Triple.

I also have a cable that works on my 2012 for other stuff like reading and changing fuel maps, but I think you need to use Bluetooth to reset the service interval with TuneECU.

The TuneECU website seems to indicate that it will work up to 2014 at least.

If you want to meet up I can let you use my phone and adapter(s), but please verify that it shouldn't brick your ecu first. I live in Portsmouth, NH but I can take a ride south or I should be at the Seacoast motonight on Wednesday this week.

The dealertool may give you some additional functions if you decide to go that route. I don't think you have an option to set when the wrench icon will reappear with TuneECU. It is just 6000 miles. With the dealertool I think you can choose the number. In addition to some other stuff that is not available with TuneECU that I have.
    Thanks man! I just have to verify that it wont get bricked I was reading a lot that it happens with the 2013 models with the new ecu's getting locked down. Where would one check vin to see if it will be bricked?

If it doesn't ill ride up to you its not that far

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by MoXzilla View Post
    Where would one check vin to see if it will be bricked?
    That aspect is still a mystery to me. I don't know of anywhere to get a definitive answer beyond other peoples experience with the same year and model. I believe the 2013 speed triple is not locked down like the street triple and daytona.
    Feel free to take as long to research as you want. If you decide to give it a try, PM me to make arrangements to meet up.

Only changing maps will brick locked ECU's. Just getting rid of the wrench won't effect it. I use Dealer Tool on my 15 Tiger XCx which is one of the locked models.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd6 View Post
    Only changing maps will brick locked ECU's. Just getting rid of the wrench won't effect it. I use Dealer Tool on my 15 Tiger XCx which is one of the locked models.

Oh that is good to know thanks. I emailed tuneEcu to verify if it will be bricked if i change anything even know through all my search they say it will be ok.

RDaytona400 Pm coming!