Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trouble Shooting Help(No Start)

Trouble Shooting Help(No Start)

My 2017 KLX 140L is in a no start condition. It ran fine last time I had it out a few weeks ago. When my wife took it out of the garage today it wouldn't start. I gave it a go and got some backfiring while trying to start and a few times it ran for a couple seconds. I thought the float might be stuck, so I bounced it around and tapped it a couple of times with a small hammer. No go. I had an air compressor handy, so I drained the bowl and blew air up the hose. Still no go. So I decided to check the air filter. Turns out a mouse was using the box to store a good bit seed. Cleaned it out and still no go.

It has fuel that is at least getting as far as the carb as I can get it to run out of the top or the bottom with no problem. Spark looks good as is the battery.

I suspect it is something in the carburetor, which is my biggest weakness with these things. Where would you go next on this? Did I miss something? It didn't look like anything got past the filter, but I suppose it is possible.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Trouble Shooting Help(No Start)

Pull out the pilot jet and see if it’s clogged.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

If your sure your getting spark and the fuel is clean and getting to the carburetor .and you have nothing blocking the air flow anymore. (Mice suck) you need to remove the carburetor and make sure all the jets are clear just shooting air in their is not going to cut it. Also check to make sure your spark is strong and you don't have a timing issue. Intermittent spark will cause it to back fire. Put bait traps and real mouse traps in and around your garage. Or get a cat!

Thanks for the replies. Right before I left for work, my 90-year old neighbor that likes to talk about when he used to ride(in the 1940s) came over. He was a small engine mechanic with the Air Force and wanted to tinker with it. I left him in the care of my wife who sent me a text an hour later that something was stuck with the brake pedal and now it is running. I'll see if I can figure out what she was talking about when I get home. I'm pretty sure it isn't the side-stand or clutch switches as I was trying to start in neutral with the clutch pulled.