Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Trustworthy/Reliable Ducati Shop needed for maintenance service around Framingham, MA

Trustworthy/Reliable Ducati Shop needed for maintenance service around Framingham, MA

My Ducati 848 has been sitting in my garage for over 3 years now. I plan to replace the battery and change the oil/filter but figured I would check to see if there is a reputable Ducati shop in the Framingham area that would do a full check/maintenance on it before I take it up to NH for a ride in early May.

Anyone have any recommendations?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Don't run with the pack. whynot's Avatar

Re: Trustworthy/Reliable Ducati Shop needed for maintenance service around Framingham

Harry's Machined Parts in Northborough MA has a great reputation, been around forever. You'd have to ask them if they service Ducs, though. I used to take mine to Eric at Clubhouse Motorsports in Moultenborough NH.

And don't believe everything you think.

Re: Trustworthy/Reliable Ducati Shop needed for maintenance service around Framingham

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Harry's Machined Parts in Northborough MA has a great reputation, been around forever. You'd have to ask them if they service Ducs, though. I used to take mine to Eric at Clubhouse Motorsports in Moultenborough NH.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Have you or a friend ever taken their bike there? I am having a tough time finding any reviews on them online.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Have you or a friend ever taken their bike there? I am having a tough time finding any reviews on them online.
    No.

This is NESR. Were you looking for YELP?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 04-04-23 at 07:42 AM.

I’d make the trip north to Seacoast Cycle in NH

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

No.

This is NESR. Were you looking for YELP?
    That's exactly why. There is some useless info/recommendations sometimes with people putting out recommendations without experience. I am hoping for first hand experience but I'll still look into your rec.

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    oh hell no!

have you heard of the crap they've been doing to people's race bikes?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    oh hell no!

Do share.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    oh hell no!

I have not heard many negative things about them. All of my personal experiences with them, have been great, and that’s what my comment/recommendation is based on.

Yamaha

Clubhouse in Moultonborough. Eric is a great guy and knows his way around a Ducati. Seacoast is also highly recommended. Heard good things about Wagner in Worcester also but have not had anything of mine worked on there

I have first experience with these guys dyno tuning a bike of mine, they were great IMO, I did not know they did repair/maintenance as well.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Clubhouse in Moultonborough. Eric is a great guy and knows his way around a Ducati. Seacoast is also highly recommended. Heard good things about Wagner in Worcester also but have not had anything of mine worked on there
    Clubhouse is out of the question because they are 2 hrs 15 mins away so I am hoping Harry's work out. Appreciate all of the recommendations, keep them coming.

I've done a lot of business with Seacoast, bought 6 bikes from them. I'd say I had only one questionable experience there, went in for new tires, they rolled the bike out with the rear tire covered in tire lube. That was about 5 years ago. Nobody's perfect. Otherwise, always professional. I liked the experience better when they were at their previous, smaller location. Something happens when businesses expand.

Then I switched to Eric Colbath in Moultonborough -- worth the 115 mile (one-way) trip. I have since sold my Ducatis since I didn't want to keep paying and paying and paying. Or learn to DIY.

I had a *really* bizarre experience at Wagner's some years ago. It was a long time ago, but I will never go back. (Never.) Also, about three years ago, a friend took his ST3 there for tires, they scratched the bike and told him too bad, it's an old bike anyway.

About Harry's, I knew Harry, sold him a Triumph in 1969. (Is Harry still of this Earth?) Anyway, I know that they tune bikes, IDK if they service bikes, maybe can recommend someone local. That's the thing about Ducati ownership, learn how to DIY belts and valves, or travel.

But now it's April. Most shops will be slammed, I'd expect -- like get in line.

That's why I bought a new Guzzi, speaking of DIY.

Last edited by whynot; 04-05-23 at 07:42 AM.

Do share.
    in the last few years.....

i know of a motor build they did that was completely wrong and 3x the quoted price that the customer agreed to. also wasnt built properly.

i had to change gearing for someone who went there and said "i'm going to daytona, give me daytona gearing". no only was it the wrong gearing, they cut the new chain so short, that ia tire warmer couldnt fit between the wheel and swingarm. also daytona bikes want a longer chain and not a wheelbase that short.

i know another customer that bought a new bike and wanted spare wheels. was quoted a stupid high number, way over every other dealership. took his money and he waited a long time for them, like 6+ months and they never arrived. ended tossing the whole plan and went with another dealership who was fast and honest.

i've heard of so many race bikes going there and having poor customer service. if jesse is not personally working on it, then i wouldnt trust them even putting gas in my bike.

EX 105

I have not heard many negative things about them. All of my personal experiences with them, have been great, and that’s what my comment/recommendation is based on.
    maybe it's been a while, or you're only buying.
    their service has gone down really bad. they lost all their good mechanics.

EX 105

I've done a lot of business with Seacoast, bought 6 bikes from them. I'd say I had only one questionable experience there, went in for new tires, they rolled the bike out with the rear tire covered in tire lube. That was about 5 years ago. Nobody's perfect. Otherwise, always professional. I liked the experience better when they were at their previous, smaller location. Something happens when businesses expand.

Then I switched to Eric Colbath in Moultonborough -- worth the 115 mile (one-way) trip. I have since sold my Ducatis since I didn't want to keep paying and paying and paying. Or learn to DIY.

I had a *really* bizarre experience at Wagner's some years ago. It was a long time ago, but I will never go back. (Never.) Also, about three years ago, a friend took his ST3 there for tires, they scratched the bike and told him too bad, it's an old bike anyway.

About Harry's, I knew Harry, sold him a Triumph in 1969. (Is Harry still of this Earth?) Anyway, I know that they tune bikes, IDK if they service bikes, maybe can recommend someone local. That's the thing about Ducati ownership, learn how to DIY belts and valves, or travel.

But now it's April. Most shops will be slammed, I'd expect -- like get in line.

That's why I bought a new Guzzi, speaking of DIY.
    Thank you for sharing! I think you are right though...every shop will be slammed so I'll just cross my fingers, change the oil and filter and install a new battery and hope for the best.

I'd suggest going even a little further. Freedom Cycle in Concord. Kyle Thompson is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I'd suggest going even a little further. Freedom Cycle in Concord. Kyle Thompson is the man.
    Kyle, for sure. IIRC, he and Eric worked at BCM Ducati (RIP) in Laconia ...

I'd go to Freedom.

you couldnt pay me enough to trust Seacoast with my bike

EX 105

If things don't go as expected in a few weeks, I may just be heading up north. Thanks guys!

if you're thinking of going to Clubhouse if that's the north, you're talking about I would call him 1st. one man shop.

Speaking of Clubhouse, Eric phoned me yesterday morning with questions about mods I had made to my HYM796 that he services for the new owner, Eddie. We must have talked for 20 minutes, this guy is so generous and knowledgeable, and I always learn a lot from him. He asked if I'm still riding, and what, talked about Guzzis and Euro 4 vs. Euro 5, getting the fueling right, etc. It makes me want to get another Ducati so I can keep doing business with him lol ...

Last edited by whynot; 04-07-23 at 06:50 AM.

There's Anderson Cycle works in Framingham. I've only gone there for inspection stickers. Not sure how reputable their mechanics are though. They don't have a website but if you google them, the phone and address info will pop up. In a somewhat similar situation. Brining my bikes back to life that have sat in a garage since December 2018. I'm doing all the maintenance myself since I don't mind it and more importantly I don't trust anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    There's Anderson Cycle works in Framingham. I've only gone there for inspection stickers. Not sure how reputable their mechanics are though. They don't have a website but if you google them, the phone and address info will pop up. In a somewhat similar situation. Brining my bikes back to life that have sat in a garage since December 2018. I'm doing all the maintenance myself since I don't mind it and more importantly I don't trust anyone.
    I like to try to do my own work as well, but time is the issue. We are listing our house and planning to move so we've been crazy busy. I just called up Anderson Cycle Works...the guy seems nice but they are pretty backed up so he asked me to call back in 1 1/2 weeks to see where they are. You're in the Metro West, do you want to service mine, haha.

I like to try to do my own work as well, but time is the issue. We are listing our house and planning to move so we've been crazy busy. I just called up Anderson Cycle Works...the guy seems nice but they are pretty backed up so he asked me to call back in 1 1/2 weeks to see where they are. You're in the Metro West, do you want to service mine, haha.
    I'll have to decline that offer! Just spent the last two weeks getting my bikes road worthy again. Actually just called Anderson since I need the tires swapped on one of my bikes. Noticed they are well over 10 years old Anderson was very helpful over the phone and said no appointment necessary. I'm going to give them a shot since they are the closest shop.