Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#116 LRRS Round 7 2010

#116 LRRS Round 7 2010

Cliffs: Ran GTL and ULSB, Two 8th's (Best finishes as an expert), Bike felt good, Mostly 21's and 22's with a new PB of 1:21.07. and I know where I can make up some time.

More later...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Re: #116 LRRS Round 7 2010

Nice!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Nice job Doc! You hadn't raced in a weekend or 2 also, so to come back and throw down those times is good stuff!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Word. See ya next year...I think.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

OK as promised, MORE.

1st Practice I tried to follow Gino around but some AM RSP kid got in the way , thankfully Gino was going slow and I was able to keep him in sight until we hit traffic ALOT of traffic and he got through it before I did. Felt loose but slow.

2nd practice, better this time and finished the session with clear track and 22's

GTL, practice my launch as we go out for the sighting lap, it sucked, I need a new clutch or adjust it or something. Engages in the last 1/4 inch.

Gridded 3c, 17 riders on the grid, I can see the flag! It drops and shitty launch by me puts me about 14th into 1 I had decided to be more agressive the 1st laps and made a pass on the outside of 1 and going into the bowl. I am 12th after lap 1, Joe Latona and Ted Norton hot on my heels, and Dana Temple my Carrot.

I think I made another pass getting 11th before Scott Mullin goes down in 9 on Lap 3 giving me 10th followed by Ryan Oseterman a few laps later giving me 9th, I actually thought to myself the longer I stay up the better I will place. Just FINISH! All the while my "carrot" Dana Temple is not getting any closer (but he isn't getting farther away either) I come out of 12 and he is over the start finish, out of 2 and he is entering 3, over 5 and he is exiting the bowl, out of 10 and he is... wait a minute, he is getting held up a bit by some lappers!!! He drops a couple 24's lap 10-11 and I do a couple 21's! my fastest lap on lap 10 for a NEW PB 1:21.07!!!

We are in the back of the AM field now and coming up on a couple Experts, I am thinking these guys must be tired as we are catching them quickly, I thought we might be picking up 2 more spots before I realized that we were lapping the slow experts (I have never lapped an expert before!) It doesn't stop us from being lapped by Jeff and Rick though.

IIRC we were coming into 11 and had closed on the lappers, Dana goes wide in 11 to get around them and I take the tight line, we bottle neck in 11a/12 and I stay tight in 12 going up the inside of the lappers while Dana gets caught behind them, Had a tight moment in 3 where I tried to go around the outside of Tom Joyce on his EX500 and he flubbed the corner and went wide, he hit the beach, stayed up, I went inside him and Dan Murphy in his 1000 Ducati was inside of me, I am sure Dana had a good view of that near fiasco, I power up the hill with the Ducati and he takes a wide line in 6 but I shoot around him anyway (Trackday passes paid off) and put my head down to stay ahead of Dana. 8th place and a PB! I am happy with that!

ULSB. Gonna race with Gino. I can tell he is worried as his best on his stock motored Hawk was a 1:20.9 and I am just getting faster! (saying nothing about his 1:16 on his worked Hawk)

Grid 4d, 14 bikes on the grid. I can see the flag! But my launch sucks again! Last into 1 but I continue my more agressive 1st lap and make a pass outside 1, inside 2 on Tony Soucier and move over to block him in 3 as I know he would try to shoot up the inside on the brakes, I keep my position and finish the 1st lap in 10th with Gino in sight. I get Marty Hanlon and Travis Beaudoin on the next lap and move up to 8th, Gino is in front of me and being held up by Ted Norton, I try and put my head down and catch him but I am tired and not paying attention to my markers while trying to watch Gino and his lines, he was just out of reach and did some 21's followed by 20's Go Gino Go!

I figure I should be able to catch Ted Norton but never get into a real rythym, again I think I was just not paying attention to my markers and never really closed the gap. Finished with another 8th but beat guys that have beaten me before... not sure what happened back there.

Overall I am happy with my weekend and feel comfortable in the 21-22 range now. I know I can go faster as the bike sits but we will have to wait on that.

Thanks Heath and the LDR guys for the hospitality Friday night, how many people does it take to get a 3 wheeler running?, to the T1a crew and everyone that stopped in to say hello, and as always Thanks to Gino for being the Hawk God that he is.

Last edited by Doc; 09-09-10 at 08:17 AM.
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Nice job Doc! You hadn't raced in a weekend or 2 also, so to come back and throw down those times is good stuff!
    Thanks brother. Yep, 2 race weekends off. I had done a trackday so that kinda counts (although mostly on the motard) It helped me to show others markers and lines. Kinda cemented it in my head.

Sorry to see you down in 3 but glad you were up. You are moving now that you got a real bike!

Edit: Was DucatiMichael down in 3 you were in 1 I guess.

Last edited by Doc; 09-09-10 at 09:33 AM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Wow, almost 20s, its gonna take some work for me to catch you now

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Wow, almost 20s, its gonna take some work for me to catch you now
    Get your ass up here and TRY!

I must point out. 4th weekend as an expert, 7th race IIRC and almost 20's, on a 23 year old @ 70hp bike.

I am happy.

Last edited by Doc; 09-09-10 at 09:35 AM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Get your ass up here and TRY!

I must point out. 4th weekend as an expert, 7th race IIRC and almost 20's, on a 23 year old @ 70hp bike.

I am happy.
    Classic next year. No more racing for me for a while. Even decided to skip the ROC in October

And think about it ... you still got 20 hp more than I do

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

less HP = a lot more work and concentration. I am now wearing my front as much as the rear. I've never done that before. It is all about corner speed and letting that front tire work the fine line.

Great towing you around Doc. You pushed me to another PB 1:20.6 with maybe 50 hp. I could feel you breathing down my back.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    less HP = a lot more work and concentration. I am now wearing my front as much as the rear. I've never done that before. It is all about corner speed and letting that front tire work the fine line.

Great towing you around Doc. You pushed me to another PB 1:20.6 with maybe 50 hp. I could feel you breathing down my back.
    I was breathing pretty hard but I think it was Dubie you were feeling.

You bet you have corner speed! I really need to learn from you in 1 and in the bowl, you just SWOOP thru there.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Thanks Heath and the LDR guys for the hospitality Friday night, how many people does it take to get a 3 wheeler running?
    Who invited you?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Congrats Doc! Sweet finishes and a new PB to boot! Sorry that I was probably driving one of the amateur busses that slowed up your runs and yeah it was me down in T3 and Christian in T1. First time running in amateur and I was skeered as you fast guys just whizzed past me like I was going backwards in time :-p