Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#117 LRRS Round 5 (plus)

#117 LRRS Round 5 (plus)

Friday I bailed out of work especially early as I was excited about picking up my Triumph from PK and putting it back together. That went well during the afternoon and I settled in for a night of relaxation. LDR had an especially small contingency of racers this weekend (just Adam Clark and myself) so it was unnaturally quiet(ish) in our corner.

P-89 went well. I didn’t set any land speed records but came in first place.

ULSB. I finally got a good start, and from the pole position! I went into turn 1 in 7th and managed to pass not only the sixth place racer but also Adam Clark (428) who is a close second to me in the championship points. He had a hard time getting past Rick Breen earlier so I knew I had my work cut out for me. I was also fairly confident that if I did make it past Breen and Eric Block that I might be able to open up the points lead. On the second lap I threw down a 1:19.779 catching up to them and then kept pushing Breen hard trying to find a way by. I pulled it off in turn three at one point only to have him out drive me in four and slam the door in six. That wasn’t going to work. Lap four I finally found my opportunity by getting an especially good drive out of 12. I managed to pass both of them on the front straight, throwing down a pb of 1:19.745 in the process. At this point Shane was totally gone and Matt Gendron was quite a ways ahead. Lap seven I pulled off a third 1:19.xxx thinking I might have a chance of making it a race with him and making sure that I gave myself a buffer from the sharks behind me. Gendron was way too far away for me to even mount a sneak attack so I ended up with third place. I was pumped to be finally cranking out relatively consistent 19's!

Sunday morning was a very early start, packing up my bikes and I was on the road to Thompson by 5. I spent Sunday and Monday re-learning how to ride my 675 after some extensive surgery by Computrak Boston and instructing for TTD. PK had installed Attack triples and redone the front suspension, giving me back what felt like an entirely new bike! I couldn’t be happier with the results. I finally have front end feel!! Tuesday was the first TTD non-sportbike track day. It was awesome! I got to ride my school bus (1150GS) on the track and was amazed at the variety of bikes that were there. I left there very impressed with how some of the riders were able to flog their oversized beasts around the track in graceful fashion!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Trouble; 08-20-14 at 03:34 PM.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Re: #117 LRRS Round 5 (plus)

more importantly...how is the beard looking?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Fantastic work John.. 19s WTF...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Oh yeah, I'm also 99% sure I skimmed my elbow in 1a. My leathers are too beat up to tell for sure and it certainly wasn't a "drag" but it was exhilarating all the same. Hopefully next weekend...

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Faster than me again...bastard!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers