Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

121 Round 6

121 Round 6

Didn't know if I should even bother with a race report because I kind of feel like I don't have anything exciting to write about, but what the hell...

This weekend was a big dissapointment for me, mainly because I had so much time off from work and wasn't able to capitalize on it at the track. I wanted to do Penguin on Fri., but didn't have the cash so I came up anyway and got my bike sorted out (needed a new footpeg and numbers after last round's lowside). I pre-reg'd for an extra race on Sun. but that never happened... . I was pretty pumped to race because not much time had elapsed since last round, and things I learned were pretty fresh in my mind. The weather was good, I didn't have to work on Mon., and my bike was back together so everything was there for a great weekend of racing... but it didn't turn out that way...

Sat: Went out to practice looking to work on a few things, but really just ended up riding around the track trying to get through T3 faster than last weekend. I spent some time watching the fast guys go thru there, and then tried to take the same line, but the bike just feels like it is going to go down if I pushed any harder through there, so I kind of just accepted that until I do something about my bike's stock suspension set-up, I'm not going to get the traction I need to haul ass thru there (or anywhere else for that matter).

Race 1 MWSB: Gridded in the last spot due to my crash/dnf last weekend. I pulled off a decent start and took a couple places into T1... like last weekend, I felt like I was hauling, but never really passed anyone else, and spent the whole race chasing someone who slowly got away. On the the last lap, some expert caught me going into T12, forced his way by and I almost went into the grass killing my drive and allowing Jimmy 2 shots to get right on my ass before the finish. I thought he was going to pass me but I made it to the finish ahead of him and 1 other.

Race 10 MWGP: Before this race, my daughter and neice were sitting on my bike... playing with things... . I went to start up my bike and it was in gear, w/the tire warmers on... . Then I go for my front brake and the lever had been moved way out. I was a little aggravated and my mind wasn't focused... Again I was starting from the back and got another decent start. The race was exactly like race 1... just going as fast as I felt I could go w/out upsetting the bike too much. I can either push it and crash, or do a steady pace and finish, so that's all I really did. Turns out the steady pace I can do w/out getting scary is only 1:24/1:25ish, so not good enough to be competetive. I had one exciting moment though, and before some goon tries to blast me for bringing it up, I only mention these things because people love to ask me, "how is it getting lapped by the fast guys????".... well, at some point in the race on the way through T2, one of the fast dudes on a yellow R6 w/"Boo Boo"??? on his leathers literally rubbed me as he went by. I mean he came up beside me, rubbed my front tire w/his back tire like twice, looked back at me, and took off. I thought for sure we were going down, but maybe he's done that shit before and knew it would be okay? I didn't move an inch, never touched my brake, and just held my line, fully leaned over while some dude rubbed my front tire w/his back tire... I thought that was pretty badass after I realized I didn't crash! Anyway, Jim and another guy got by me, and I couldn't catch them so I finished 2nd to last.

Sun: This is a morning that changed how I'll be doing things in the future. As sat. night progressed, there were drunks showing up to hang out at the fire, loud music, etc... I stayed up until about 10 w/my wife while my 2 yr. old daughter who was visiting for the 1st time slept in my tent about 20ft. away from the ruckus. My wife asks to keep the noise down as we go off to bed. A few hours later I'm just about to fall asleep when I am awakened by some idiot screaming "Cowboy" singing along to Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive which is playing loudly in the background. He does it again, and if you've ever been about to fall asleep and then woke up by something over and over, you know how pissed off I was getting. I look at the clock... 1:30am... my daughter wakes up, then my wife, then we all sit in the tent pissed off trying to get my daughter back to bed. When I finally wake up around 7am, my wife leaves and due to the fog there is only 1 practice which I miss because I'm trying to get some rest before the GTU. I just realized that my brain was in a fog, and I was way to pissed off and tired, to race. I packed my shit and went home pissed that I wasted a perfectly good Sun. where I didn't have to work the next day and lost 140 dollars and 2 races because some people like to do their partying at the track. I know some people will say just wear earplugs, or, its loudon that's what happens, etc... but it is just not what I think of when I come to race. I want to be in bed early, fresh and alert in the morn. thinking of nothing but how badass it is going to be to ride my motorcycle on the track. So my only option is to get away from the noise and not pit w/the LDR guys, because my original plan was to take this racing thing somewhat seriously and try to progress, but that ain't gonna happen if I can't even get a decent night's sleep. Maybe if I was younger like when I used to ride dirtbikes after drinking all night and throw up in the woods, and all that shit, but I'm all set with that now. I may even take the last round off, get my shit together to come back next season a little better off as far as camping and bike set-up goes. Right now I dont' know, but either way I'll be camping somewhere far away from T1.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Re: 121 Round 6

My .02: come, ride, race, hang out till sleepy time. THEN saunter off towards your tent, which should be set up in the grass where it's nice and quiet. And buy an air mattress or something to sleep on. Set yourself up for success.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Dont blame ya one bit. Cant stand the idiots who stay up all night and dont give a shit about anyone else. 11 o'clock is usually when I get pissed if people dont quiet their stupid asses down. I know its fun to get away and make a camping trip out of it, but Geezus some people want to get rested for the coming day...HAVE SOME CONSIDERATION! -AND GET OFF MY LAWN! lol. (I must be gettin' old)

LRRS #387

Or maybe get a room at the red roof? I know it's extra $$ but if your a light sleeper, this will always be a problem in the infield unless you're in an rv.

Quote Originally Posted by b0xmonkey View Post
    Or maybe get a room at the red roof?
    Why should he or anyone else have to? There is a noise restriction which everyone should be respecting without question.

If people wanna be drunken idiots they should do it somewhere where people don't have famlies and/ or aren't trying to sleep.

Amen Bergs. People shouldn't have to pay another $100/night to get some sleep and have to get up early to get to the track in the morning because of a few drunks.
    Btw where's the Red Toyota pickup when ya need it? That guy comes around all day long and hassles people about extension cords and being parked too far out into the parking lots but at 1:30am when people are being obnoxious they're not around? Don't get me going, lol.

LRRS #387

No one should have to, but if he's a light sleeper like me it might be his best option. We all know the noise rules aren't enforced very well up there.

Yeah moving my tent is the solution I came up w/the last time this happened, but then I was talked into staying over there and assured the noise wouldn't be an issue. Alchohol has a funny way of making people forget what they promise! I agree w/Chip that I should have already been sleeping somewhere else and that is what I'm gonna try.
    It was also brought to my attention that my problems w/stability on the bike thru turns may also have to do w/my body positioning and the way I'm riding the thing, so I'm gonna try to work on that some more at a trackday or 2 if I can fit it in, as well as get the thing set up right for the track. There's no doubt that with some time, practice, and money I'll be able to get going decently faster than I am now. All that said, it's been a good season of learning the ropes, and I did more race weekends than I originally thought I'd be able to do so I'm happy. I'm definitely in love with the sport. I'll make some changes and come back stronger for next season if not next round.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

oh hai.

PS - nice shot Arcy!

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Brian, as a regular in T1, I can say that we learned early on that we need to put some space between us and the ruckus in order to get a good night's sleep. Doesn't change the ability to hang out and have a good time, and you get the benefit of being right where you need to be when you wake up in the morning. We aren't too far from those guys, but don't seem to have a problem with noise, you can always camp on the other side of our camper for a little extra noise reduction and still be right next door to them (and near the bathrooms).

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    Yeah moving my tent is the solution I came up w/the last time this happened, but then I was talked into staying over there and assured the noise wouldn't be an issue. Alchohol has a funny way of making people forget what they promise! I agree w/Chip that I should have already been sleeping somewhere else and that is what I'm gonna try.
    It was also brought to my attention that my problems w/stability on the bike thru turns may also have to do w/my body positioning and the way I'm riding the thing, so I'm gonna try to work on that some more at a trackday or 2 if I can fit it in, as well as get the thing set up right for the track. There's no doubt that with some time, practice, and money I'll be able to get going decently faster than I am now. All that said, it's been a good season of learning the ropes, and I did more race weekends than I originally thought I'd be able to do so I'm happy. I'm definitely in love with the sport. I'll make some changes and come back stronger for next season if not next round.
    grass by the 2-3 straight I would think would be the place to camp. if you come up for the last round you're welcome to the other bed in my room at the Roof. no problems with anyone being loud because I'm usually out by like 9:30 at the latest.

right after I read about the first post I thought "body position." if you can do one of the BoMo days next week (or next year) I'll help you with it. or next round I can help you out with it. I'm no help with the suspension though. Scottie and Degsy could probably help you turn a couple knobs.

and BooBoo is Corey Hildebrand. in my experience from watching in previous weekends and from being passed by him this weekend he always makes clean passes. It could have just been one of those oops sorry moments and the look back was to make sure you didn't go down. of anyone that passed me this weekend he seemed like he was riding better than ever. I enjoyed watching him go by more than anyone, super smooth and fast. and that R1 sounds awesome.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 09-06-11 at 11:41 AM.

Yea....just shake it off and make some changes work with Brett and get back out there you will be fine

The first year I started racing this exact thing happened to me and I wish I had the mature self control you have..
    I had my daughter and fience with me, in a tent it was the second weekend and cold/rainy. Nothing was going right, I went down hard in turn two in a rain race ealier...
    Dude was doing burn outs with his Harley, he had the front wedged up against a truck tire..at about 2am.
    I left out a bunch of partying stuff but to the point I get up ask nicely once..
    Nope hell that didn't work, I punch the guy in the face off the bike he goes and he hits his head on the ground.
    Well I get sued, brake my throttle hand in two places..
    Lawyer bills, and hand still didn't heal right.

You did the right thing.

You were brave to bring the family for a day, never mind staying over. I'm sure they had a great time being there, too bad the night-time ruckus spoiled it. I've wondered how long a cord I would need to get electricity to the grass....

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

i dont know if the track is exactly a family hanging out spot but on the other hand i dont see why it couldnt be

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    i dont know if the track is exactly a family hanging out spot but on the other hand i dont see why it couldnt be
    maybe you should go spectate a race weekend and find out for yourself

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    maybe you should go spectate a race weekend and find out for yourself
    well i was referring to the track in general

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    You were brave to bring the family for a day, never mind staying over.
    Clarification: for the unavoidable distractions, not because it's necessarily a bad place for a family. I'd love to bring my family to watch, but am afraid it would affect my riding at this point.

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    You were brave to bring the family for a day, never mind staying over. I'm sure they had a great time being there, too bad the night-time ruckus spoiled it. I've wondered how long a cord I would need to get electricity to the grass....
    Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    One of the main reasons I wanted to start roadracing this year was because I thought it would be fun to get my wife and kids into it. I can see my son, and even my daughter riding and racing as they get older, so what better place to get them into the sport than at the track? My wife likes to watch me race, and also enjoyed hanging out w/most of the people I was pitting with. Also, my former race team/pit buddies told me that they wanted me to have the family up, and that the team was family-friendly etc... . The only problem was the drinking and lack of respect at night time once people started going to sleep. In my opinion the noise should stop after about 10-11ish so people can sleep. Hell, I had this problem 4/6 weekends when my family didn't come visit, so they really had nothing to do with the noise problem... I just want to be able to sleep so when I get up for group 1 practice I am actually able to function and see clearly when I'm on the racetrack. It's all been settled for me though, after speaking to the team leader, I've decided to ditch the whole team thing and just pit on my own somewhere across the paddock where it's not so loud. we'll see how it works out if I make it to the next round.

LRRS am #121

I promised someone I wouldn't get involved in the Internet tough guy scene, but anyone who want's more clarification on the matter I am in T1a, can't deal with the lies, but here it is short and sweet. Hey were we to loud last night ?" no I sleep with and Ipod in I don't hear anything" this was 3 weekends in a row. Weekend in question, Why are you going home? "my wife and kid kept me up, they kicked me off the air mattress and I slept on rocks all night, plus its to hot and I don't feel good", said music was playing from a cell phone which was mine and I was in bed by 0010 not sure if you time warped to 0130 or that's when you realized it happened. Should have just come clean about it and something could have been done, but whats done is done good luck to you in your racing efforts.

Fwiw, if you have an issue with something, generally people will respect your wishes if you actually bring it up face to face. Posting about it here and bookface sends the wrong message, hence the falling out. Good luck going forward Brian.

Edit: I don't mean this post to be dickish, I'm just pointing out why the other guys are upset.

Last edited by darkduc7; 09-19-11 at 09:19 AM.
    CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

I haven't been on here in YEARS...so hello again to all my NESR boyz n girlz. I hope all of you are well and in good health. Same for your families.

Unfortunately, the reason I discontinued posting on this site is the same reason I am back here... Arguing over the internet is foolish. IF you have something to say, or an issue with someone, you need to be respectful and take that issue up with the person face to face. That's the right thing to do. Blasting people in a public forum, and dragging others in to it is LAME. It's childish and it screams that you have no tact. That's the fact of the matter. So I will probably not come back on here again because yet again I have a very sour taste about it. I have so many GREAT friends on here, and I truly miss that very much. But this is just another case of how ridiculous and careless some people can be.

Relative to your mean and rude posts Brian:

I feel obligated to interject here. Here's the facts... Since 1999, MANY of you NESR folks have been racing or coming to the track in some manner. We used to have 20+ bikes lined up, and EVERY single night we ALL enjoyed having fun around the campfire till late at night. Not one of you who were there can argue that FACT. Now we have 5 bikes in our pit area. We have a small fire pit and typically there are ten or twelve folks who enjoy the fire and the fun with friends till late at night. Bike week is obviously different, but that's once a year. We are NOT a "bunch of drunks". That's FACT number one. A "drunk" is someone who struggles with addiction to alcohol and is always under the influence and typically is always acting like an idiot. I know this because I have family members who have struggled with it. So Brian, don't tell these people that we are a bunch of drunks because that is absolutely not the case. We have a good time at night, and we have been doing the SAME thing since 1999. Sorry to put a damper on the mud slinging, but that is the fact of the matter. I work on pre-grid helping all the riders ALL day both race days. Adam stands out on pre-grid with an umbrella and water for Brian for ALL his races since he joined our group. He crashed, and Adam and the other guys put his bike back together so he could relax before his next race. For a bunch of drunkards with no respect for you, we took pretty damn good care of you bro.

Honestly Brian, I'm very upset as I type this because I am so absolutely shocked that you would purposely badmouth us in a public forum that is full of fellow racers and friends. Especially after all that we have done for you. Not only is that just plain mean and rude, but it breeds hostility and negativity between people. We asked you multiple times if you were able to sleep well, and EVERY time you replied with a resounding YES. You said you sleep with an ipod running and you don't hear anything..If you are foggy about your responses, I think we ALL heard you say it multiple times when we asked you. We also offered to help you set your tent program up over by Glen, Rob, or somewhere else of your choosing so that you would have zero chance of being woken up. Again, you refused and said it was all good. You should have told us the truth, and we all could have resolved this VERY PETTY issue and moved forward with life. Instead, you LIED to us multiple times, blamed us for your issues, and now you are badmouthing us to this entire public forum full of my close friends and racer bro's. It's not right bro, and you know it.

In conclusion, I would like to note that we have NEVER been told by any other riders that we are a bunch of drunk idiots making too much noise. We pit as far away from the garage and camping area as humanly possible..FACT. Yah we like to have a good time because we only see each other a few times a year and unlike other groups of riders, we are very close with each other..it's a family in Turn1a. We help each other, we help others, and we give back to LRRS in a big way each and every year that we are there. We also help the guy's that get hurt by donating to a raffle, an auction, or buying a handful of tshirts to support that riders recovery and his family. By NO means are we sitting back being fools..FACT. I would also humbly ask the riders that made negative comments to think about their responses and how it may effect others who think of you as good friends. If we had an issue with one of you, we would NEVER blast you in a public place or in a public forum. We would ask for a few minutes of your time face to face, and we would hash out our differences in a RESPECTFUL manner, away from other people who have no involvement in the situation.

Brian, I harbor no ill will toward you. I truly do not. however, you have acted very poorly in this particular situation. You had absolutely no idea what to do or where to go when you drove in to the infield that day. We took you in, we gave you shelter for your bike and your tools, etc. We fed you, we were your umbrella holder and water boys on pre grid. We put your bike back together after you wadded it, we sat on pit wall watching all your races, and we basically treated you like family even though we hardly knew you. It is very upsetting to read your words above, as they are simply not true. We did everything we possibly could to address the issue and you consistently maintained that there was no problem at all. Then you left abruptly and blamed us for you not racing that Sunday. I've ridden with the flu, broken bones, concussions, broken bikes, etc. Sorry bro, but being tired isn't really a valid reason for blaming us for you not racing and losing $150.00 that day. That was your choice, not ours. We tried to talk you in to staying, and you didn't want to hear it. I do hope you find what it is you're looking for with regard to your race program bro. I really do. Again we harbor NO ill will toward you. We just wish you would have been honest with us. We also expected much more from you with regard to your mean and untrue postings above. We took you for a solid, stand up guy.

If you need help moving forward, let us know. If we can help, you know we will. You cannot argue that we took damn good care of you bro. We would help you in a second if you needed it. I personally wish you the very best of luck with your racing. I hope to see you progress quickly to see you on the box at trophy's. Although you treated us poorly, we still want you to be successful.I also hope you are ok from the crash you had on the street. Get some extra relaxation so you can heal up before the last round.

Respectfully,

H-

Heath Smith
    LRRS/CCS #337
    Low Down Racing
    www.racetireservice.com
    www.motorbikesplus.com
    Power by Dr. Hillsgrove
    Traction by Franimal Racing Syndicate

05' KTM 525SMR,
    01' YZ426F
    05' Reiju RS1

Says Vale to Colin at the end of the 2002 8 Hours of Suzuka: "Ok Colin, you better go out there and win. Because it is the ONLY way we will NEVER have to come here again!"

Heath,

FWIW you gotta understand that the responses from "other riders" were put up because the 1st post, as we now know, had limited information.

I, for one, did not post with the intent of shitting on anyone in T1a. Just sounded like there was a group of unruly people who came over to hang out in that general area.

....and don't go away so soon you twat!

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs428 View Post
    I promised someone I wouldn't get involved in the Internet tough guy scene, but anyone who want's more clarification on the matter I am in T1a, can't deal with the lies, but here it is short and sweet. Hey were we to loud last night ?" no I sleep with and Ipod in I don't hear anything" this was 3 weekends in a row. Weekend in question, Why are you going home? "my wife and kid kept me up, they kicked me off the air mattress and I slept on rocks all night, plus its to hot and I don't feel good", said music was playing from a cell phone which was mine and I was in bed by 0010 not sure if you time warped to 0130 or that's when you realized it happened. Should have just come clean about it and something could have been done, but whats done is done good luck to you in your racing efforts.
    What is this crap?? I don't even own an air mattress so I don't know where you got that? My wife and daughter did wake up along with me after you were singing Bon Jovi at 1am!! How about being a man and apoligizing for being an inconsiderate drunk? I wasn't mentioning who the ass was to protect your identity on here out of decency, but I guess it doesn't matter. You were drunk, I wasn't... it was after 1am and the music wasn't the issue... it was you screaming out bon jovi lyrics over and over and it pissed me the fuck off. I told you I was pissed off in the morning, I don't know what else you wanted me to say other than that I was ready to take that fire pit and throw it at you that night. Deny all you want buddy, people at the track know you guys make too much noise, it's mentioned every rider's meeting.

LRRS am #121

Quote Originally Posted by darkduc7 View Post

Fwiw, if you have an issue with something, generally people will respect your wishes if you actually bring it up face to face. Posting about it here and bookface sends the wrong message, hence the falling out. Good luck going forward Brian.

Edit: I don't mean this post to be dickish, I'm just pointing out why the other guys are upset.
    I've discussed this with Heath before bro, my race report simply explained why I didn't race.

LRRS am #121

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast