Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#122 brady round 1 race report (too short)

#122 brady round 1 race report (too short)

Showed up Sunday morning late and somehow got tech'ed in time to go out for practice, which felt OK except for the first few laps on stone cold tires (no time for warmers).

Sunday Race 1 F50 lights:
    I gridded in 3A, would rather be a few rows back in D if I had a choice. Got a good launch into the front row, but also got squeezed/balked inside at the end of the pit wall and smoked by several riders on the outside. I held my position (5th?) through T1a and T2, but my habitual super tight line in T2 got me in trouble as I hit the cone at the end of the inside curb hard with my left clip-on which pivotted almost to the tank. I waved frantically into T3 and pulled into the split to bang the bar out. My apologies to the T3/10 CW's who yelled mostly unsuccessfully at me to GTF out of the crash zone while I frantically asked where I could re-enter the race. After being held (properly) until all other waves had passed I re-entered in T10 pissed at myself and tearing after the AM riders in sight. I flew into T1, flipped hard into T1a and the cold right side of my front tire said FU and slammed me down hard. I don't know if I tried to get up immediately or just got more traction on the deck than I had upright, but I tumbled hard several times and already knew I'd be sore this week. The bike is fine and I'm still sore and pissed but no significant damage to report.

In spite of the ridiculously short race it was great to see a bunch of familiar faces and be back at the track. Next round I hope to be more of a problem to everyone in LW. I'll probably get a haircut too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Re: #122 brady round 1 race report (too short)

Don't touch the hair, it's perfect! Bummer about the race, you'll make up for it next round.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Re: #122 brady round 1 race report (too short)

It was great to see you Shaggy!!
    Better luck next round!!!