Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

151 Racing 2015 Daytona Race of Champion Race Report

151 Racing 2015 Daytona Race of Champion Race Report

I know It's been a month since the race. I really wanted to wait for pictures before I wrote this report. While waiting for pictures from Daytona, I managed to break my arm when riding off-road into a bunch of pieces requiring surgery. The surgery is done and I'm on the mend now, but I'm typing with one hand so I'll try and keep this short and sweet.

The process of prepping and travel to Daytona is extensive. I loaded my bike, along with a bunch of other LRRS racers after round 7 at Loudon. I flew in on Wednesday to practice on Thursday. I was immediately struck by the hugeness of the track and facility. It's way big and the some. First practice went well. My Loudon gearing was way off, and through the weekend I never quite got it perfect. Getting on the banking for the first time is something hard to describe. I ended up running down by the edge my first few laps, which is not where you want to be. Overall the track is very simple, I never quite mastered it over the weekend, but the general idea is to make every turn drive focused, and apex late. That's not something we really do at Loudon, but it's easy enough to get the hang of. Friday I did morning practice, but there were no CCS races, it as more refinement.

The racing started for myself on Saturday. The entire weekend is a blur by now. I entered 5 races over the weekend. My best result was a third in Ultra-Light Superbike. My best lap time was a 2:15. I was more than happy to come home with some hardware. Overall I expected to place better, but there are a lot of things that went well. I went to a track across the country to race in a national championship. I had no mechanical problems, no crashes, and came home with hardware. On the downside, I brought a NHMS bike to Daytona. I have no fairings on my SV, which doesn't matter at Loudon; at a track like Daytona, where a rider spends so much time at top speed and full throttle its huge. They are worth multiple seconds per lap. Also my SV has nothing for power compared with big motor Ducati's. It was all a learning experience that will help me in all of my racing.

I would like to thank all of my sponsors friends and family for a wonderful season. I sincerely appreciate all of the help that I get from everyone. IBEW L.U. 104 has helped me in work as well as fully supporting my race goals. Pete Kates at Computrack Boston has set my bike up to handle anything; from Loudon to Daytona. Both of my race bikes are going there this winter for a refresh. Dave Consalvo at Amsoil has helped all year at Loudon with the garages and he has really given me a home and team to race with. Also AMSOil kept my motor together with all the punishment Daytona has to offer. Woodcraft CFM makes the best controls and warmers in the business. Adrenaline Cycle has helped me all year with short notice parts and paintwork on my bike. Justin gets anything and everything I need for racing. My wife Victoria couldn't be more supportive of this time consuming, expensive hobby. All the LRRS racers that help along the way, you're appreciated, it wouldn't be the same without all of you.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: 151 Racing 2015 Daytona Race of Champion Race Report

Those are some pictures to remember!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice