Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

151 Racing Loudon Classic and AMA Supermoto Race Report

151 Racing Loudon Classic and AMA Supermoto Race Report

Where to begin? It was an awesome weekend! The weather was generally good, my bikes performed as well as I could wish, and I didn't get hurt. If we back up a little to my last race weekend I broke my arm and tore my rotator cuff which caused me to miss round two. After seeing the conditions some others are racing in I felt a bit week for taking that weekend off, but it was probably for the best anyway. I didn't have any pain while riding, but the thought of getting injured was definitely in the fore front of my mind the entire weekend. It's a strange feeling. My urge to push seemed gone after GTL, and I felt like I was in self preservation mode all weekend.

The weekend was long, as I arrived on Thursday to practice on the new to me Honda CRF450r Motard that I had ridden for just a brief time last year. A year ago I watched the motors at the classic and made a promise to myself that I would have fun with them next year. I got my chance this year and spent most of Thursday getting familiar with the bike. Practice went flawlessly and Friday came before I knew it. I did the morning session on the motard on Friday getting moderate 1:24 then took it to Peter at Computrack Boston because it felt off to me. It turned out the forks were binding so badly that he couldn't move them. We figured out the problem and resolved it. I couldn't wait to ride it fixed!

GTL was first up as always. I felt good, but the ever present thought that I had an entire weekend to raceway on my mind. I didn't want to throw it away in the first race. Anyway I fell into a moderate rhythm and finished 5th of 21 with a best lap of 22.8. That's not far off my personal best from last year, and I felt comfortable at that pace, but it feel like there is a little more on the table. Anyway it's hard to remember any specifics about the race now, or any race for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNaz...ature=youtu.be

Super Singles was my first race with the motard and my only LRRS race this weekend with it. I WILL be doing more next round. 4th out of 5. 24.9 best. I was stuck behind 919 for a while, hesitating to make a move. When I finally passed him the others were gone.

Friday AMA supermoto practice was fun. I had a little oops on T1a that I will blame on dirty tires. I learned how to scrub them off better after that and didn't have another issue. The bikes defiantly get a little wild coming right off the dirt.

Saturday started with Thunder Bike. I was in survival mode telling myself to take it easy so that I could race AMA later. It was in my head, and not a good way to race. I don't remember much of it past that. 23.9 8/20

Supersport was up next. Like Thunder Bike it was in my head to finish and not get hurt. 9/16 best of 24.6

AMA was finally up! We ran a qualifying for heat one. Then heat one's finishing position determined starting grid for the main. The specifics of the races before the main elude me now. I know that I was kind of mid pack for both. I got off to a mediocre star in the main and made myself up to mid pack. On the second lap I locked the rear wheel going into the tight 10 chicane. The bike stalled, and with the slipper clutch it wouldn't re-fire when I let off the brakes. In the panic it was very difficult to restart the bike and very nearly the entire field passed me. I got going again, to find a red flag at the start/finish chicane. A rider decided to take the very fast way through and looked injured. I don't know who it was. Anyway we got a restart and I got into the middle of the pack again and rode out the race trying to pass 666 Sam. Apparently they had me a lap down in scoring because I didn't pass the finish line before the red flag. I've never heard of that with out being lapped.

151 Racing AMA Amateur National Main Loudon - YouTube

Sunday started wet. I through rains of the motard and planned to run my SV races in the rain with it. Practice felt good in the rain, but by the time racing began it was a damp drying track, so I took the SV out for the races. I'm not comfortable in those conditions. It showed in my racing.

LW superbike. It was very damp/ drying. Survival mode persisted and I coasted though the race. 5th out of 17, 30.9 best lap.

Final race of the weekend, Lightweight Grand Prix The track was all dry and ready to go. I was just riding scared again. 11/18 24.8 best.

Overall this weekend was a blast. I had an amazing time with AMA and LRRS. Hopefully I get out of my funk for next weekend. I have to thank IBEW Local 104 for keeping me employed and helping with my racing. Pete Kates @ Computrack Boston for being the best track side support you can ask for. A big thanks toDave Consalvo and Amsoil for providing the garage. It's much more than a place to keep the bike, it's a team and Alex, Sergio, and Sam are always helping and encouraging. On that note, everyone at LRRS that I race with or against is an encouragement and a help to me. Newer, older slower and faster riders are all encouragement to get faster and stay ahead. Woodcraft CFM make the best controls in the business and their warmers have never let me down. Justin at Adrenalin Cycle got my bike looking great for this weekend. See you in July!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 06-23-15 at 09:13 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: 151 Racing Loudon Classic and AMA Supermoto Race Report

It was a ton of fun battling it out with you in several races. I was lucky enough to squeeze past the finish line before you in one of my races. I'm looking forward to July and continue this trend of finishing ahead of you.... HAHAHA!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Very cool to see you back! I struggled with some of the issues you described about survival mode, but next round you're not getting by me It was great to see one of our own in the AMA stuff, and we cheered for you!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Nice man! You looked pretty comfy in the dirt! Nice job! And bike looked great btw. Big upgrade from the other!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

However you've got that camera setup gives me the creeps. It sounds like your crank is trying to knock it's way out of your cases Alien style!

Man, if they made the permanent course for the motard class Ill move back home.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Thanks everyone! I felt good riding the Motard. It would have been better if I got some balls and hit the doubles though. I know why you were going slow Doug! It was impressive how you were riding. I don't expect the same next round.

I should have a few more videos up soon.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

That's some hot shit man. Seeing you, Oreo and the others out there for the supermoto was just awesome. You did it up man. Congrats.

Saturday afternoon with you guys in LWSS was probably my most fun race yet. Thanks for that.

Like we chatted at the track, chin up dude... you're still beating more than half of the amateurs after a weekend out from an injury... gotta stop being down about it and enjoy it... you'll be right back. People have been off-pace for whole seasons after that stuff, you're already doing just fine.

And you did me proud on the pretty tard

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Nice job man, that sumo track looks awesome! It must've felt weird taking a right just after the apex of 9. It felt strange just watching!

Solid weekend. You seemed to always be in the mix somewhere. Tard.