Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

151 Racing Round 1 2016 Race Report

151 Racing Round 1 2016 Race Report

Hey everyone! Take 2, somehow I deleted this and have to rewrite it, and the first one was the greatest race report in the world, this is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute. Here it goes anyway! It feels awesome to be back at LRRS and racing again. I had an awesome weekend and feel great about the results. My goal for the weekend was to get comfortable on the track and leave unharmed. I had some setbacks through this winter and fall that had me down on racing. The ROC in Daytona last October took bigger toll on me than expected and I came home with a cold feeling towards the sport. CCS bumped me to expert from my endeavors down there and LRRS took it away shortly after, which was disappointing and confusing. Shortly after coming home from Daytona I managed to shatter my arm/ wrist into pieces while dirt riding. Never the less I sent my bikes out to Computrack Boston to have full suspension refreshes and chassis services for this season. When it came time to do my part to get the bikes ready for racing I procrastinated and only had time to prep one. It was easy to pick the Honda Motard, because they are fun beyond words. I arrive to the track late on Friday and do some last minute bike prep and say the hellos to everyone. I woke early and felt excited Saturday, despite becoming a JC taco during the night from my leaky air mattress.

Saturday: Practice was chilly but sunny. My first practice was very slow I was just getting back on two wheels since I managed to turn my left arm into an overstuffed, floppy, skin sausage. Second Practice I felt better and pick it up just a little to get some 26's.

Super Singles -2nd Place - Best lap 1.24.0

Lee 906 took off at the start. I love the start with the experts in 1 wave, and I should have passed a few into 1 to stay on his tail, but self preservation is still in effect. I managed to take one to the experts outside of 9 halfway through the race but I still finished behind Lee by 5 seconds.

ULSB- 4th / 11- 1:23.1

I made it to turn 1 in 3rd behind Larry 696 and Noel 514. Larry was checking out and I could reel Noel in on the back half for a few laps until we hit some traffic. Matt 990 took me in 3 about halfway through and then we got into some traffic and thats how the race ended. It was fun to race with he faster bikes on the motard, but I can't wait to come back and race it with the SV. I got every near my PB on the bike but I didn't feel like I was pushing, so I didn't loose as much over the winter as I expected.

Sunday: It was cold and cloudy in the morning. We had one dry practice where I putted around and came in. The rain hit before racing started and stayed for the day. I forgot to hit the play button on both races, it's easy to forget when your getting ready to race.

151 Racing Round 1 2016 Race Report-img_5286-jpg

Motard - 2nd : 1:37

Lee 906 took the lead and didn't look back. I rode my ride in the wet and took in a lonely second.

ULSB - 4th - 1:35

This race was fun. I got out to first place and held it for most of the race until my teammate Sam Lakas 666 took me in turn 3. I stayed on him and tried to make a move into turn 1 on the last lap. I ran outside of him and he shut the door in 1a on me. I tried again in turn 2 and lost the rear trying to run around him. It went quick and I slid fast into the air fence with my bike. Over my shoulder I watched the 3rd and 4th place racers pass me as I frantically tried to find neutral and kick the motard back on. My handlebars shifted forward so I casually finished my last lap and pulled in 4th. I'm happy with the rain lap times, I can't recall ever racing in true, wet, soaking rain. Comparing lap times it seems I did alright.

I'm very happy with the weekend and to be back at LRRS. Computrack Boston has my Bike setup perfectly. Again this year Dave Consalvo at AMSoil has provided me and the team with a garage and the AMSoil is keeping out motors in top shape. In May I'll have my SV with the best woodcraft controls in the business and brand new Armour Bodies fairing. Thanks for reading and all the support!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 05-06-16 at 08:13 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: 151 Racing Round 1 2016 Race Report

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    I got out to first place and held it for most of the race until my teammate Sam Lakas 666 took me in turn 3. I stayed on him and tried to make a move into turn 1 on the last lap. I ran outside of him and he shut the door in 1a on me. I tried again in turn 2 and lost the rear trying to run around him.
    Don't ever forget that. They call me "The Door Closer" for a reason, motherfucker!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Lifer

RIP first report. You were missed. I felt like I didn't even get a chance to read you.

WTF with the bump/unbump BS?! I had no idea.
    Whatever. Tear shit up, right?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    RIP first report. You were missed. I felt like I didn't even get a chance to read you.

WTF with the bump/unbump BS?! I had no idea.
    Whatever. Tear shit up, right?!
    Yeah! It wouldn't have been a big deal if they never told me I bumped to pull it away. It happened to others as well. I don't know why they stopped me, I had the lap times. fuck it, ill do some more podiums in AM!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube